Thread: REPLICAS-REBUILD--REBUILT--BUILT--RULES.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Sorry AMCO. Edited my post to clarify what I meant by the bickering. Not meaning the discussion on here but the complaints about wether this or that car should be allowed to go on track if presented at a meeting like Hampton Downs.
    The reference to sheep stations was more tongue in cheek as no one is getting paid what they should be for putting their mobile history on track and I would be very surprised if anyone was preparing a car to go out and "Win at all costs " if that is a better way of putting it. Its not like a championship with points on offer is it. It is meant to be more "gentlemanly" fun.
    I honestly did not mean to offend anyone. My reply was just poorly worded and I hope i have suitably edited it.
    Regards
    Tony

World Champion
    Apologies accepted Tony......I am not easily offended!!!!! I wish your reference to 'gentlemanly fun' was correct. I have competed against guys who 'sole ambition' was to go out and win.....believe you me. Yes the cars are the stars, as we are repeatedly told BUT, it is the very nature of our hobby that....as Stirling Moss has often said.....'I want to go out and RACE'. We all know what it is like sitting on the starting grid promising ourselves that we are going to be 'gentlemen'.......yeh right!! Now, where did I put those knitting needles.