Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand OSCA Database - Histories And Whereabouts

Could be mixed up with Coppins Firebird when it was green for a very short while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Could be mixed up with Coppins Firebird when it was green for a very short while.
    That name doesnt ring a bell unfortunately. It may have been driven by Adam Collins. It would have had to have been early to mid nineties...

OK, that changes things big. It was most probably a Trans Am car racing in OSCA most probably, mid 90s is only yesterday, you should remember.

Were are talking 70s with Coppins
    Cheers

It definitely was a osca car. I cant remember if it would have been the Don Grindley Oldsmobile Cutless era or when Craig Gilbert owed it. For memory it seemed to struggle with reliability. Was a very tidy looking car. Ive tried searching for pics on the net but so far unsuccessful.

Weekend Warrior
    I remember this car. Avon Hyde drove it for a while then Dean Kirk had a go. Clyde either owned it or ran the team. May have come to nz to Sydnham Park via Rob Kenard. May be wrong as a few came about that time. Eddie's first was about that time. May have done a season later by Ryan of boat racing fame.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    I remember this car. Avon Hyde drove it for a while then Dean Kirk had a go. Clyde either owned it or ran the team. May have come to nz to Sydnham Park via Rob Kenard. May be wrong as a few came about that time. Eddie's first was about that time. May have done a season later by Ryan of boat racing fame.
    Hi Ian, this is definitely the car, I was about to edit my post to link Avon Hydes name with the car but was %100 percent sure.

Didn't this car have a Ford engine? I think it even did the Coronet Peak hillclimb one year. I thought it was later rebodied. Maybe I'm thinking of another car.

Weekend Warrior
    I think you are right about the rebody. Maybe by one of the Heslin brothers.

Did'nt Grant Silvester drive this car?
    Yes, it had Ford SVO running gear; I remember it too.

It wasn't the car later raced by Kim Buckley with the '90s shape Mustang body was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    It wasn't the car later raced by Kim Buckley with the '90s shape Mustang body was it?
    Hi Steve

I thought KBs car was originally a TraNZam car that he ran under OSCA rules - one of the ex Greg Lancaster machines?

Yeah you could be right. I was just grasping at straws. I recall seeing it one time with the fresh new Mustang body fitted, still in white, and wondered if the chassis might have been older.

Yes, im grasping at straws to. What happend to his Cortina?

The Cortina was the old Rob Kennard car, which was purple and silver. I think Steve Ross might own that now? Can anyone confirm?

One you can cross off the list, Peter Wakefeild's Zephyr powered A40 Farina, ran with Wakefeild and Scott sponsorship. Pic shows it about to be pushed into my shed. Unfortunately I never did anything with it.Name:  a40 uh.jpg
Views: 2931
Size:  115.5 KB

thats what i understand

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    The Cortina was the old Rob Kennard car, which was purple and silver. I think Steve Ross might own that now? Can anyone confirm?
    thats what i understand, it certinally was a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by frd1 View Post
    One you can cross off the list, Peter Wakefeild's Zephyr powered A40 Farina, ran with Wakefeild and Scott sponsorship. Pic shows it about to be pushed into my shed. Unfortunately I never did anything with it.Name:  a40 uh.jpg
Views: 2931
Size:  115.5 KB
    Awesome!

Hi, I think I can clear a few things up. The Pontiac was brought in by Grant Silvester who ran it for a couple years before Adam Collins did. Avon Hyde definetly drove it and was later sold to Chris Blackwood who I think was the person who rebodied it as a later Ford Mustang T/Am shape. Wayne Ross now has it and is hopefully running it this coming season.

The Kim Buckley Cortina was Kennards and is now owned by Steve Ross who hopefully in the next few years will have it going again. I think he bought the Cortina as it had the PDL1 front brakes or hub assy??? on it which he wanted to put the PDL1 back to original.

Bring the questions on....lol

so what about any of the russ Haines cars ?
    where are they now ???
    Morrie minor , anglia ? datsun ?
    he still races the Frangapelli special
    cheers
    Tony