Thread: Ian "Red" Dawson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    I see (via Google is my friend) that Dale can give plenty of details of the ex Frank Bryan Mustang so that is a good start and at least it still exists.

Also found this from 67. I thought my memory as a 6 yr old may have been playing tricks on me but he and Dennis Marwood did race single seaters. I remembered Dennis raced a Sports Car...

http://www.sergent.com.au/motor/other1967.html
    Last edited by TonyG; 01-25-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    I see (via Google is my friend) that Dale can give plenty of details of the ex Frank Bryan Mustang so that is a good start and at least it still exists.

Also found this from 67. I thought my memory as a 6 yr old may have been playing tricks on me but he and Dennis Marwood did race single seaters. I remembered Dennis raced a Sports Car...

http://www.sergent.com.au/motor/other1967.html
    I can confirm that the "Red Dawson" ex bryan Trans Am 67 Mustang is now owned by Nigel MacDonald of Hawera, we prized it way from the Bowdens a few years ago because they didn't see the world wide value in but for NZ it has huge Historic Race value, Nigel plans to restore it back its blue colour and race it with HMC. The good thing about this car is it still retains alot of its correct Trans Am parts and sheet metal as when Red was finished with it he sold it from his lot as a road car, had several owners who probably didn't even know what it was? until John Chapman bought it in the early 80's and piece the original motor back with the car!! Lots of stories and History with this Mustang, more than i can write.

Dale Mathers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-30-2012 at 10:40 AM.