Thread: Goodyear Blue Streak tyres - a question for those using them at Hampton Downs

Goodyear Blue Streak tyres - a question for those using them at Hampton Downs

I understand that the guys using the Goodyear Blue Streak cross-ply tyres during the NZFMR were impressed with their performance. I hear that some drivers were even recording faster times on their Blue Streaks than they were on their previous modern racing tyres. Is that correct?

I'd be really interested to hear any feedback about these tyres.

Thanks, John

John, they are alot better than my pervious DOT radial Toyo RA1's and 888's, infact i went from a 1:15.8 on radials down to 1:13.9 on BS, i also found my straight line acceleration was fantastic as they just hooked up!! i ran 7 races plus practice/qualifing and the wear appears to be minimal!! not so stable on the corners so had to change my driving style to suit, the Aussie set the best example of how to do this and once i followed suit they worked great!! I'll run them this weekend at Skope.

Dale Mathers

It'll be interesting to note the wear on these tyres. My understanding is they drop-off in performance before they run out of rubber. They're a beautiful looking tyre too!