Thread: You can blame it on me....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crunch,

Can you please put up a link to the revised T&C regs and possibly a summary of the changes and why?

Hope you realize what you have let yourself in for outing yourself here, there are more than a few people hot on originality/ period correctness lurking here!

The HMC/ under 3 litre T&C class was an outstanding success at the Hampton NZFMR and will grow if the promotors and officials take the movement on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Wood View Post
    Crunch,

Can you please put up a link to the revised T&C regs and possibly a summary of the changes and why?

Hope you realize what you have let yourself in for outing yourself here, there are more than a few people hot on originality/ period correctness lurking here!

The HMC/ under 3 litre T&C class was an outstanding success at the Hampton NZFMR and will grow if the promotors and officials take the movement on board.
    You are SOOOO rite Howard, i don't mind doin my bit for HMC, and Robin Greenland and team will handle the U3L class, but if you don't have the support of the Event Organiser, Track Promoter, and(hopefully) Crunch's division of Motorsport NZ, well you're buggered!!!

I personally don't think there's too much wrong with T&C, schedule K and other MSNZ Historic and Classic rules, its just that MSNZ has never bothered to use then to get a class up and going, and then stick to it like CAMS Australia has!! so lets see if we all Historic racers can do something!!!

Dale Mathers

World Champion
    Holy smoke......I think this Guy is in for a bit of a pasteing!! Might be 'crunch time'. !!!! We had a great time at HD under the HMC banner U3L class, and I applaud Dale and his team for 'policing' everything so fairly and patiently. We also had a good time in the South Island last year, but the grids down there were certainly a strange mixture of pre 65, hot rods, and muscle cars, probably because the fields were so small, especially at Teretonga. But hey, who cares, not us. We had a chance to race against stuff we would not normally race with, so that was a bit of fun. Crunch says he wants to entertained and educated, well I think he will get both of those here in equal amounts! Welcome to 'theroaringseason' where anything goes......well nearly.

World Champion
    I may not have made myself clear in the last post. While we did have a fun time in the South Island with their 'mixed grids' I much prefer the stricter rules of HMC, and I think at HD, that our races, and maybe the F5000 drew the biggest crowds at the fence. In our case the little guys against the big guys ,something that has always put a smile on the spectators faces. So stick to it Dale, the numbers will build if the pit talk that I heard comes true. While I'm at it I would just like to thank those stalwarts Robin and Karen Greenland. They kept us informed as to what was happening and in my case, as I am 1/2 deaf, was a big help I can tell you. They were also unstinting in their help in coming to the aid of the Amco Mini on more than one occasion with the offer of parts to keep us on the road. She, the Mini, was fine with Grandpa behind the wheel, but when a real racer was in charge the poor old girl lost her cool in a big way. Never mind was fun while it lasted, and the Greenlands help made it last that much longer. Ta.