Thread: Slot Car Racing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I also had the Scalextric sets as a kid. Dad had a 3 lane track built in downstairs at home which was heavily used. We put lights on our cars and did long distance night races and all sorts of other things.
    At one time Rod Collingwood did a slot car challenge as part of his Dulux Mini promotions. I was lucky enough to win the final for Manurewa and had to go into the Farmers in town for the 'big' final showdown. i didn't win and am not sure where I finished.

One of the big Auckland slot car tracks ended up in the basement of the house across the road where we lived. I got to race on it a few times. The house next door to that is where Richard Brockelhurst lived who raced XU1's and a Falcon GTHO. The house next to that was where Graham Crawford lived who did a lot of slot cars also. He bought the Schick Datsun coupe from Cook, the one Francevic also raced against me. Graham also raced it against me once or twice. I even drove my Pacific up this Street once. But back to slot cars,....lots of fun was had by all.
    Last edited by Steve Emson; 09-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.