Thread: Tom Donovan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Hi how many U2s did Lindsay McCutcheon have?as I bought one for my boy in 80__2 Digby Taylor the sailor round the world man owned it as well a lot of others,I sold it Billy Ming who raced mainly on the club circuit,
    Jim. Lindsay owned only one U2. On a few occasions he drove a Terrapin he had helped build and then hung up his helmet and went on to work in the service crew for Malcolm Stewart on the Audi Quattro

Thanks I only drove it once at Puke ,was rather a wake up At the time I had damaged my back {3 times} and had the Paton that I had been using ,but I was anable to work and self employed, Stuart came and helped out so to thank him I bought the U2 from Paeroa for him.It certanly had a bigger and more powerfulll mtr. than the Paton,,This day at a Taccoc meet he was running it and I was hobling around,then in the afternoon I told him to give me his overalls as I really had to try it out, plus there was nothing very fast running.On the 2nd or 3rd lap I was flying up the back straight when to my disbelief a blue car was pulling me in hand over fist..what the hell is this car then Dennis Ganely in the Lotus 11 went past!!!He could never get close to the Paton and here I have a more powerful car and hes passing me!! Now when the Doctor tells you these pills will affect you I guess he knows best