Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Philip Island Historics 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In Aus they became sports sedans than they vanished

Well off for the big bird, and looking forward to it. Once we have the car sorted i will endevour to get as many photos as possible.
    Dale i will do what i can and maybe get you some contacts etc.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Well off for the big bird, and looking forward to it. Once we have the car sorted i will endevour to get as many photos as possible.
    Dale i will do what i can and maybe get you some contacts etc.
    Cheers
    Sure thing Rod, most in Nb/Nc probably don't realize that there is now a class for them to race with in NZ!!!

Have Fun

Dale Mathers

Weekend Warrior
    Nb and Nc Mini's run sliding windows in Australia.

Thanks

Ian

have 300 pics first couple of days
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Im assuming it was a t332, but which car is it that is shown here badly damaged
    Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    have 300 pics first couple of days

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rogered View Post
    Im assuming it was a t332, but which car is it that is shown here badly damaged
    according to Rob G the accident happened in Fridays practice ...the driver was thrown out onto the track...very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    according to Rob G the accident happened in Fridays practice ...the driver was thrown out onto the track...very lucky
    No, Stan was in his car, he has seat belts and plenty of them. The unfortunate guy who got exited from his car was the driver of the Cooper Bristol which hit the pit wall very hard and he had no belts ? not a nice site when you are working on car and hear a almighty thump and sprapping noise, look up and see a wreck (it was a mess) sitting in the middle of track and then notice no one in it, walk out as an official sprints past and a women is screaming her head off up the pits a bit, look out pit fence and about 50 metres up the the track is somebody laying spead eagle like a starfish on his back on the track. It was pretty upsetting for every one.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    No, Stan was in his car, he has seat belts and plenty of them. The unfortunate guy who got exited from his car was the driver of the Cooper Bristol which hit the pit wall very hard and he had no belts ? not a nice site when you are working on car and hear a almighty thump and sprapping noise, look up and see a wreck (it was a mess) sitting in the middle of track and then notice no one in it, walk out as an official sprints past and a women is screaming her head off up the pits a bit, look out pit fence and about 50 metres up the the track is somebody laying spead eagle like a starfish on his back on the track. It was pretty upsetting for every one.
    Thanks Rod..no wonder I couldn't find the Cooper on Sunday..nice to catch up btw

something for oldfart, the Cooper Bristol has been awesome LOUD slipping sliding going for it

assd

Great photos Angria 105 - keep them coming you lucky bugger.

Semi-Pro Racer
    F5000 in early pics has a hell of a wheel alignment problem.
    Keep them coming. That Matich Sports car looks amazing.

car 5 cleaned up on Sat

Looks like a seriously bent Lola F5000 in the first group of photos, I hope only the car and pride were hurt?

chipped ankle which was very good because car was stuffed

Thats a bloody huge wing on the rear of that Elfin. Looks like there is a frame running along the bottom to attach the lower wing end plates.

boosters

styling

The red Ginetta, #82, was it a V8 G10?