Quote Originally Posted by pallmall View Post
I think the Cullen Farm was on Albany Highway and the corner of Golf Road.
Hopefully I will have the loan of a scrapbook very soon with photos of the racing there.
[/I]

I'm sure that's where I ran in a couple of m/cycle, scrambler-type races, using a BSA B31G in a Norton frame that (allegedly) had been built and raced by Bill Russell. This would have been in the mid-60's period.
The events seemed to be attended by the chassis racer themselves, plus the usual friends, significant others and that's about it.
On more than one occasion. I saw a car being reduced to chassis status by the simple ( and effective) means of placing a pole through the front door window openings, then towing it between a couple of conveniently placed trees.
Chassis-racer safety?....NO...nothing in the way of safety for the drivers....seats were often apple crate-style. Oil and coolant would often be oozing at every pore. Petrol sometimes fed from a strategically placed gallon tin
Spectator facilities?.....a grass bank and a quick dash behind those same trees when nature called.
The potential for injury accidents was great, although , to be honest, I never saw anyone come close to being hurt...probably because the chassis' being raced, were on their last legs anyway-----speeds were not very high at all.
I would love to see any pictures being posted
Neville Milne