Thread: Peter Agg

Yes that is sad news. As well as the role he played in building customer McLarens in the 60s and early 70s, which was one of the key factors for the growth and financial stability of Mclaren, Peter and his son Charlie have since raced a brace of McLaren Can-Am cars in British and European historic racing for many years also, I got to enjoy seeing these cars during my time in the UK. The Aggs also owned, for a time, the Team VDS twin-turbo M8F, which had 1300 hp available to it with the boost turned up.

Semi-Pro Racer
    I remember Peter racing a pre-war Alfa and the ex=NZ C-type Jaguar, but never a Can-Am McLaren. Charlie had several at various times, including as you say the ex-VDS turbo car - scary!

World Champion
    The following is from this article http://8w.forix.com/trojan.html

The Agg name is also very much alive in racing today, since Peter Agg's son Charles is an avid racer of F5000 and Can-Am machinery, and drives his father''s cars during a host of historic events. An enormous crowd pleaser, Charlie has been a part of both Goodwood spectacles since their inception and usually isn't hanging about in the big-banger sportscars available to him. In Charlie's hands, even the widest Can-Am car looks at home on the Goodwood hill.

So it s the son who drives Can Am cars not the father, he just built them

Er, yes, I should clarify, Peter Agg didn't drive the Agg family McLarens, Charlie did.

onboard with Charles Agg.. last full silverstone historics

Crank up the volume its a bit faint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwpUy...7&feature=plcp