Thread: Mini Sports Sedans - Where are they Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Will ask Phil for any pics he has as a starter. Was pale blue clubman sports sedan with xflow head. Had some thin red stripes down the side and over the flares.

I do get the red one out a fair bit. I live in Brisbane and regularly take it to Lakeside for a punt. I will be at MRA event in June 30th for a run. (will also be there in April to catch up withsome mates and support Chris Adlam as we grew up together) Unfortunately the MRA event doesnt cater well for a car like this. It cant run with the Grp N boys and is not competitive to run with the sports sedans. I figure I will take it out with the sports sedans anyway just so I can have a strap around the track.

It is a very early car. Was believed to have been imported privately and was already a track car. Jack ran the car competitively before Nelsen took it over setting many lap records and winning class championship in 81. The car was used by Brian Brooke for many years in Appendix J and was blisteringly quick doing a 63.8 in the late 90's at Lakeside. Not bad considering this was on the old narrow circuit and in Grp N trim.
    Last edited by coatesie; 03-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.