Thread: This site is addictive!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer

El Cheapo Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Habu View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the advise, I will look into it. Ive definately got more than 30 slides - quite a few small "boxes" of the things. I'll jump onto TradeMe and have a look. Thanks also for the info about getting them put onto a Cd Steve. I called a local place, and they indicated that it would be 50cents per slide, so it looks like Stu's suggestion might be the preferred option. Cheers Allan
    Allan, if you wanted to do a one-off scan of a few slides, I have used a digital camera :

In the absence of a scanner a few years back, I cut a rectangular hole in the bottom of an empty yoghurt tub, held it out at arm's length holding the slide over the hole with my finger and used my digital camera on Macro setting. Needs good lighting but not direct sun. Bit of a McGyver or Heath Robinson effort(Rube Goldberg if you are in USA), but if you crop the picture down it can look OK. But best to get a scanner!

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    Allan, if you wanted to do a one-off scan of a few slides, I have used a digital camera :

In the absence of a scanner a few years back, I cut a rectangular hole in the bottom of an empty yoghurt tub, held it out at arm's length holding the slide over the hole with my finger and used my digital camera on Macro setting. Needs good lighting but not direct sun. Bit of a McGyver or Heath Robinson effort(Rube Goldberg if you are in USA), but if you crop the picture down it can look OK. But best to get a scanner!

Stu
    Stu, I'm thinking you've got a nice collection of old pics, judging by that slide! Are you keen to share? Or alternatively, do you have any from the 1972 NZ season?