Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This site is addictive!

Hi All,

First attempt to load one of my converted slides......

Name:  Pukekohe single seater edited.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  115.4 KB

Dont know enough about old cars - is this the Harrington Imp? I know the Mini in the background is Roger Hood's.
    Name:  Harrington Imp maybe resized.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  119.9 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    From memory, the Harrington Imp was yellow, and carried No.69

Is this a re-creation?

No that would be the original ,complete with the old Dunlop and Goodyear Trucks in the background,Is that Roger standing behind the Imp with the cap and sunglasses on,the chap and the lady talking to him ,I remember as well but I can't put a name to them at the moment

Allan, these are beautiful! Your folks must have been standing next to Mike Feisst when some of these were taken, as he has photos from the same events. I love old slides, they have a really nice clarity about them. I hope you'll start a dedicated thread in the General Discussion forum for these when you're ready?

Hi David, no as Bob has said, it is an original photo. My father worked for Roy for a (short?) period of time. Sorry to sound like a bit of an idiot, but all of the slides (only 50 or so unfotunately) dont have anything written on them - so the Harrington car was a bit of a guess. I'll be honest Steve, I feel a bit uneasy posting the photos especially, as I dont really know what they are - and I feel like a bit of an imposter compared to the people who comment on this site.

Hey I don't want to interfere ,but post them and I will try to ID them for you,I was pretty close to a lot of those folks in that era,better that, than they end up never being seen,probably if so get Steve to put them in a new dedicated thread
    Last edited by bob homewood; 04-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Hi Bob, thank you for your offer. Ive put the single seater stuff I have in the general forum under "Some old photos from the late 1960's Pukekohe" or words to that effect. I have some saloon car ones too, and they are mostly from Puke, and from possibly the same meeting 1968/69, but I dont know who, what, where etc. I also have a couple from Baypark - but its much the same, but would love for you to comment.

World Champion
    Bob, isn't that you standing behind the Harrington Imp, in the days when we all had more hair?????

Gerald ,no not enough hair for me in those days I was a "rock star "