Thread: Any idea who this biker is?

Any idea who this biker is?

I found this photo in an old album of mine...
    I took it years ago.. so long ago in fact Im not sure who it is.
    I THINK I know but Im not sure.. so its a good conundrum for you guys... even if it is a biker!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's Robert Holden on the Steve Roberts-built "Plastic Fantastic" Suzuki. Looks like the corner leading onto the bridge at the Wanganui Cemetery circuit... or maybe turn one at Gracefield in its' final years.
    Last edited by GD66; 03-19-2012 at 09:38 AM.

wow! that was fast! And yes thats who I thought Id taken a pic of. so thanks for the confirmation. and it IS at Gracefield!
    Might have to be my next drawing I think!! He deserves remembering!

Get to it, son ! He is well-remembered for his efforts at home and overseas : somewhat uncharacteristically, he was in the Isle of Man, set a good practice lap time, and said, "Well, I can do better than that !" and set off, never to return...for a bloke so seasoned, a most sad and disappointing end to an extremely honourable international career.
    One of Wellington's finest.

Are you guys sure it's Gracefield ? I work on Gracefeild Rd and don't recognise the corner or the houses/buildings.

Well, it is 30 years old, Stirls.
    I picked it as the turn at the end of the front straight, but on looking again it may be the end of the back straight. The only tight left-hander at Wanganui onto the bridge doesn't have that kind of backdrop, more of a bank and a cemetery...

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Well, it is 30 years old, Stirls.
    I picked it as the turn at the end of the front straight, but on looking again it may be the end of the back straight. The only tight left-hander at Wanganui onto the bridge doesn't have that kind of backdrop, more of a bank and a cemetery...
    I don't want to rock any boats ,but I say its Gracefield as well

I'm betting it's the end of the back straight at Gracefield before the esses over the railway line. As you said GD, can't be Wanganui with that backdrop.

Im sure its Gracefield, I took the photo!

OK I will have a closer look ,,but it really doesn't look familiar and I have worked in various businesses on the circuit for 25 yrs, in Hutt Park Rd where I had a workshop and now around the corner in Gracefield Rd. No biggie I love a good puzzle..