Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who am I?

Semi-Pro Racer

Who am I?

Just for fun.
    I had a few beers with a well known ex Kiwi racer from the 60's and 70's a couple of nights ago. Who is he?
    Clue. He now lives in Fiji.

Did his cars have doors or did you hop into it.

Did he race a fast mini owned by an aliies name??? {on here}

Ross Grenville?

i'm going with Michael Clark - Ross Grenville?

Well, we know it can't be "Elvis" so depending on the consumption beers it could have been Bruce or Denny? LOL

Semi-Pro Racer

Who am I?

I must have made it too easy.Curly-you get the chocolate fish.
    Yes-it was Ross Greenville. He lives in Denarau and an be found most nights at "Cardo's" restaurant and steak bar at Port Denarau.
    He is an avid golfer and was the first person to achieve a 'hole in one' at the Natadola golf course when it opened. Hard to imagine a more affable and pleasant person.

I haven't sussed out who you are yet RF84 - anyway, does this mean I can keep the game going?

I had a drink yesterday at Pukekohe with another very affable man - top driver in tintops in his day. I asked him 'did you ever try a proper racing car?' and he said 'a few laps in private practice in a McRae...'

Who is he?

running a e30?

Either one of them or something like that...

brockelhurst

ok Rog, your turn

Bonus point - name the McRae Richard tested

Guessing But GM1 001 or the evan noyes car?

Bonus point still on offer!

HMMMmmmmm
    The mcrae twincam or Rollinson

Close enough Rogered - it was the Dexter Dunlop FVA powered car - what I call the black 'twin cam' following on from the championship winning red car.

Weekend Warrior

Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    Close enough Rogered - it was the Dexter Dunlop FVA powered car - what I call the black 'twin cam' following on from the championship winning red car.
    Oooh, this looks like fun but between historians par excellence M Clark and D McKinney do we mere mortal aged enthusiasts stand a chance!

World Champion
    DJMcD.......it's easy when you know the answer. I'm sure you could think up an obscure question that would stump these two 'brains trust'.......eg..... Question........ Formula 1 driver uttered this gem...'Some of these drivers think their mirrors are for shaving'. Who is/was he?......maybe the brains trust can answer that one!!

World Champion
    OK, so it seems as though the questions are about NZ drivers. I'll start to do some digging.