Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken Miles and CSX3002 427 Competition Cobra at Lakeside 1965

Name:  Peter 30.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  69.0 KBName:  Image103.jpg
Views: 3598
Size:  48.5 KBHi Guy,s thought you might like these images

Wow, those are fantastic! Thanks for posting them. Whats the story with the green 289?

The BRG 289 is the ex Ron Thorpe car and the image was taken at an early historic meeting at Amaroo circa 1979,at this stage I think it was in the John Blanden collection. both Cobra,s survive today with the 289 lovingly looked after in a major collection in QLD and likewise CSX3002 in the USA.

Cool photos, nice to see a near in period colour shot of the Thorpe car.

On a general Shelby note, current sad news is that Carroll Shelby is seriously ill and ailing.

I found a few more of the 289Name:  Peter 31.jpg
Views: 1188
Size:  58.1 KBName:  Peter 28.jpg
Views: 1360
Size:  83.4 KB

Wow, I LOVE those photos! Thanks for sharing them. Have you sent these to the Bowdens? Interesting to see the car was changed somewhat, with the rear wheel openings getting widened, and the different wheels being fitted. Must have been a fun road car. Thanks again.

Cool photos, thankyou.
    I can understand why the Bowdens love that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Here are a couple more from the upcoming Lakeside chapter of the Bruce Wells Collection.

Attachment 6873

Attachment 6874

Attachment 6872
    I think these are really wonderful shots and if you don't mind I will use them as a starter for some comments on old car presentation. First of all how much would we have missed if Miles was wearing a full face. That nose, the chin and the goggles, as the young ones say today'' horndog''.The other thing is you may notice that even though it was a Fo Mo Co/ Shelby works car it was fully trimmed, carpet on the gear box tunnel and at least rubber in the footwells. The C & D type Jaguars were also fully trimmed as were the light weight E types. The Shelby Mustang I drove when it was brand new in 1967 also had a complete interior. Gutting of the interior could also lead to that horror of horrors, aluminium checker plate on the floors! God forbid.