Had an absolute ball today at Lakeside. Jim Richards was Patron of the meeting and was as usual a true gentleman to all the fans. They were calling him away to drive the Geoghegan Mustang and he apologized to all the people waiting for autographs and pictures and asked them to please come back when he was done all the while frantically signing as many posters as he could.
Just arrived home and have to sort through 570 images so I will post some tomorrow.
John French showed he has lost nothing when he was punting the Tru Blu Falcon around and he actually lapped the other cars 3 times. Was not afraid to get it sideways lol.
I laughed when Andrew Thompson came out with the Lowndes Commodore and Paul Morris with his Fujitsu car for a couple of flying laps straight afterwards and even the teenagers nearby said whats wrong with these things? They don't sound right !!! Those old cars had V8s in them whats in these ?
One thing I did learn though was that the Gemini drivers were just fruit loops. It was like superstocks on a road course !!!