Thread: Leadfoot Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just have to echo what has already been said. I wasn't planning on going, but friends who were already there were calling and told me I had to come. So I went on Sunday, and was quite blown away by it all. One of the most amazing and best organised Motorsport events I have ever attended. The venue was amazing, the food was amazing, the cars were amazing, the people were amazing (everyone was SO friendly, including security and staff!) Not just for the blokes, plenty of woman there who looked like they were enjoying the event. (I am told the Saturday night ball was incredible)

Another little thing I noticed, there was no rubbish on the ground anywhere! (and I mean none!) Not a whole lot of rubbish bins to be seen, most were positioned by the food stalls. But I think it is fair to say everyone present was mindful and respected of what Rod had laid on,and this was really nice to see. For a fairly large event, this sort of immaculate crowd behaviour is pretty much unheard of these days. Says a lot about the type of people attending too I think.

Rod and his small team have done an amazing job, and must be congratulated. I will definitely go again next year for the whole event and can recommend to anyone.

Conrad Timms
    Last edited by conrod; 03-26-2012 at 09:40 PM.

World Champion
    Now, I have been reading all this guff on here about this event; how EVERYTHING was lovely...the people, the cars, the entertainment, the venue etc etc etc. It almost sounds as though there is something missing here.....like the heavy hand of officialdom!! Because the event was invite only, and conducted on private land, IS that how it was.....ie no need for officialdom? I don't know, it just sounds like the old days when we all had FUN. But of course the VCC folk are a bit like that....more relaxed, more willing to show and talk about their motors. Some of them are a bit 'funny' but they are real enthusiasts. Of course once the word gets out everyone will want to be part of the action. Fortunately, that wont happen. I am looking forward to the Roycroft event at HD in a couple of weeks; was a blast last year and should be even better this. Now, how can I trick the VCC into accepting my old MG1100 into being able to compete.