Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Usernames?

World Champion
    Jim, Jim, Jim.......it is just as well you use your proper name on here, and not hide behind some terrible pseudonym, other wise I would think I was reading something posted from Bangkok!!!!! Just exactly what are you trying to tell us here in post 20. Something about a Morgan making this guy velly happy.

World Champion
    I know, it's so subtle it's gone over the heads of all current readers! So for a dumb bugger like me, please explain.

Amco I am writing this really slow,as I stated in 1990 at the motorshow Epson Alan Dicks stand{forget the mags name} use my cars to lift his image{lol} amongst all the folk passing through was this man and women.who like most stopped to look and ask questions about this beautiful car.In talking I think maybe the women mentioned here husband{ I asumme}had raced cars back some yrs. ago I asked under what name .for some reason I think it was Trevor I replyed yes you ran a Morgan, this made them very happy that he was remembered . I myself have been spoken to {in a nice way}somethig is quite refreshing at the last few meeting I have been to I quess Martin has had something to do with it{look theres that famous granddad} or then perhaps I owe them some money ok thats as slow as I could type good luck

World Champion
    Jim, thats great. Could I perhaps suggest that in future you write everything SLOW, or maybe not so much slow, as NOT in text-speak. As for being spoken to in a kindly fashion these days, maybe folk are just polite and thinking, 'how the mighty have fallen'!!!!

Thanks Amco by the way I like amco so much easer to spell than Gerreald .. all jokeing aside I stand with head bowed I always thought I was ok but when someone who went to school untill 24yrs.. calls me MIGHTY I off here to mow the lawn that I hate with a smile on my face thank you so much regards

World Champion
    Twenty five actually, Jim. In fact that is precisely the reason I use a pseudonym.....nice and SHORT and easy to spell! Anyway some pseudonyms are very clever, and I enjoy trying to decide what they mean; a bit like personalised plates. Just remember Jim what Theodore Roosevelt said about education........'A man who has never been to school may steal a freightcar, but if he has had a university education, he may steal the whole railroad!!

Hi Trevor sorry I had to cheat and dig out old programs T Waterfeild Morgan was the happy man.1964 at Puke .

Kia ora Jim,

You are a man who thankfully displays his own name and I know exactly where you are coming from. No problems in understanding your thoughts.

I could not comprehend that you could be referring to a chance meeting so long ago as 1990, as I have only very vague recollections. I have never owned a Morgan but any conversation could have involved very similar cars. Whatever, as you point out it is nice when memories are recalled.

Congratulations on mowing on. When I moved on, I made sure that I no longer had lawns to mow. A nice small landscaped area suits us fine. However a double garage in lieu of two doubles, a car port and parking space, does not go down so well.

Cheers,

Trevor.

Thanks Trevor we also had the respect of one of nzs top man in Ralph regards jim