Thread: Usernames?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Usernames?

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    but I shure hope this site does not get like the ten tenths
    Prompted by this comment,I thought I would throw this question out there. I have pretty much stopped visiting ten tenths now as it has turned into quite a shitfight on several of the NZ forums.On my last visit I was having a pleasant enough discussion with someone about placement of fuel tanks, and some big head jumped on calling me a "self appointed engineer" or something to that effect. I don't need personal attacks, and have not been back since.

Over here everyone seems like quite a level headed bunch. Question to Steve Holmes especially, and everyone else, (and I know many are doing this already) how does everyone feel about using their real names on here, instead of a nom-de-plume or nickname? I know many of the people who post on here use a nickname, but make it quite obvious to all who they are, which is a good thing. It may just make the plonkers think twice about joining, as I am sure this site is going to become very popular. And being "popular" means the inevitable riff raff will want to come along and give us their 2c. Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

Conrad Timms
    Last edited by conrod; 04-07-2012 at 10:29 PM.