Quote Originally Posted by markec View Post
Apparently Brian Lawrence has been appointed by Motorsport New Zealand to sort out the classes and to undertake the promotional duties within the The MSNZ Promotional Company. Wasn't he one those who stuffed it up originally and was the reason MSNZ now are the owners of what to all intents and purposes is an illegal organization.
I thought that Brian Lawrence had been employed by MSP (MotorSport Promotions Limited - the old re-named TMC). However on reading the press release on the MSP web site I'm not too sure :

Marketing Management – Brian Lawrence
After 11 years in Australia Brian returns to Auckland as Marketing Manager for NZV8 Touring cars working in conjunction with MotorSport Promotions Limited.

It actually says "working in conjunction with MotorSport Promotions" which does not necessarily mean working for them. If he has been directly employed by MSNZ then this would be another example where MSNZ has lost sight of who's interests they are meant to be acting.

From my recollection Brian was the GM of Global Promotions who ran Tier 1 many years ago. They got into strife and MSNZ had to bail them out. In the process they increased their (actually member club's) shareholding from 40% to 60% and levied a "one-off" $50 charge on all competition licences to pay for the bail out - however the $50 surcharge was never revoked and we are still paying it today!