It would appear that the Safety thread is loosing its way and is becoming a grizzle thread regarding the poor state of Motorsport in NZ.
I like others who have made comment about attending motorsport events have become disillusioned with what is being offered as modern promoted events, the entertainment value is almost nil, with small fields becoming very processional.
I am limiting my attendance to historical events where I spend most of my time looking at the cars and conversing with those I know and making some new acquaintances where possible. I don't view many of the races, only those that hold an inter4est to me.
The word on the ground is that Motor Sport New Zealand is making moves to try and take over the running of the Southern Festival of Speed which includes Ruapuna'e Scope Meeting along with the Levels Timaru and Teratonga events.They have stuffed every thing else up so I would hope the organizers of these events send them packing back to Wellington and tell them to keep their negative thinking,meddling hands off 3 events that are run extremely well, get much bigger attendances and are %100 more acceptable to the general public than anything MANZ can come up with.