Size:  184.9 KBName:  Gemini BMC.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  154.2 KBName:  JBS JAP.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  164.0 KBName:  V Twin.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  168.2 KB

World Champion
    Great pics BMCboy.......have you got a good upclose shot of the Aero engined Riley's dashboard. I know Dave would like to see it....he is a dashboard man, like me.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Great pics BMCboy.......have you got a good upclose shot of the Aero engined Riley's dashboard. I know Dave would like to see it....he is a dashboard man, like me.
    Last photo in post 179

World Champion
    How could I have missed it? Thanks......must have been too busy trying to spell 'Alpha Romeo'. That Lagonda dash ain't half bad either.

Gerald, there is so much great stuff to look at that none of us can absorb it all! And to think that there were people who thought the Roycroft was not worth going to!!!
    Thanks BMCboy and Nigel for some absolutely world class images. Weren't we lucky (or wise enough) to go and see such stuff at very close hand. Isuspect that there is nowhere else in the world where this would be allowed to happen. Now wait for Roycroft 013, will entries need to be resticted??
    Hope not.

Just to revive this, have a look at this wonderfully presented you tube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZcjmSKWFVw

Thinking out loud here. How many of the Roycroft entrants who only come out about once a year to race, would consider racing just the Sunday of the following weekend, as part of an MSNZ permitted meeting? (Dual permit.)

Maybe if they could race again, more may make the journey up from the South Island, which may well boost the Roycroft entries too?
    The Roycroft currently only runs about 4 classes, so adding a 5th or 6th would appear to be good for all of us, as restricting entries is the last thing we want. Would make for an even better spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Thinking out loud here. How many of the Roycroft entrants who only come out about once a year to race, would consider racing just the Sunday of the following weekend, as part of an MSNZ permitted meeting? (Dual permit.)

Maybe if they could race again, more may make the journey up from the South Island, which may well boost the Roycroft entries too?
    The Roycroft currently only runs about 4 classes, so adding a 5th or 6th would appear to be good for all of us, as restricting entries is the last thing we want. Would make for an even better spectacle.
    The next weekend is already planned for the VCC hillclimb at Waihi. Many do not "only come out once a year" there are a fair number who compete at Taupo, usually first weekend of December, Chelsea Hillclimb, Cambridge hillclimb, and various other non circuit meetings. It is a nice idea.
    The event this year was restricted, not by VCC but by the circuit management to pre 60 being the vintage (as agreed with Motorsport) cut off.
    There is every intention to have more classes, eg see the "Going even Older" thread, but it needs the cars and does not need the hassles. 2011 included the Historic Dodgems, (sorry for the cynicism) Formula Fords, and a fair bit of time was lost recovering their cars after they finished bashing each other around.
    I agree that the gaps in the programme were not great, and in my opinion, the lack of a decent sound system did nothing to help.
    Please be aware, at this time I have very little to do with the organisation, merely a very enthusiastic participant.

Banned
    Your'e a worry Gerald! I'm an arse and tits man - "a dashboard man???" that's new to this boy - any mags devoted to this? Maybe there's an opening in the market place for "dashboard fetish" mags.

Banned
    Hello 'Billy Bigtime'......Nigel....That dashboard on the No40 Riley, has got to be one of the most beautiful and interesting you will ever see. Even better than a Speed 6 Bentley! Done by a real craftsman.
    At it again!

Russ its obvious you have being getting lessons