Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roycroft Trophy this weekend

Last edited by nigel watts; 04-19-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Last edited by nigel watts; 04-19-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Journeyman Racer
    That straight 8 powered Alfa of Peter Sundberg's is an awesome car!

World Champion
    Nigel, these shots are just fantastic. All you guys who decided not to go, must be kicking yourselves after seeing these. A good shot of the aero-engined Riley that was giving that Alfa a good run for it's money.

Fantastic Nigel, thank you.

Thanks guys - my pleasure.
    I really enjoyed seeing all these cars that are actually considerably older than me!!
    I took heaps of shots and have more to come [when I finish painting the lounge!!]

Hi Nigel, Your photography skills are amazing and so enjoyed by all of us. Without casting any dispersions on these skills could you give us a bit of a run down on your choise of equipment. Thanks .

World Champion
    Count the roll-over bars fellas........you will only need one hand!!! By the way, who was driving the 'Northland Special'....[may have been two drivers]. This old girl used to go like stink, but she has gotten very slow. Perhaps the old fart driving it, really is an old-fart, and like all old-farts is getting slow in his old age!!!! [oldfart need not reply]

Awesome pics Nigel, thanks for posting them. This really looks like a great event, and a credit to the VCC guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Count the roll-over bars fellas........you will only need one hand!!! By the way, who was driving the 'Northland Special'....[may have been two drivers]. This old girl used to go like stink, but she has gotten very slow. Perhaps the old fart driving it, really is an old-fart, and like all old-farts is getting slow in his old age!!!! [oldfart need not reply]
    I will reply, cos it isn't me! Fred lives nearby, but..
    Actually a few more roll bars than one hand, but most of them are pretty subtle, unlike my monstrosity, which comes off in a few minutes.

Hey Amco go easy on Fred ,I was told some time back he dosent drive it any more ,he rubbished that tale.plus look how far he travels,a real jag man and pos.the longest pair man and car competing .HD not really suited to that car

World Champion
    ......Just joking fellas. I was taking the piss at my expense.....an old fart....no hyphen...me....slow.....get it? Now oldfart, all one word, is THE oldfart here on RS. I guess old Fred is older than me, don't know, but must be, and I didn't know it was him driving, all tucked up in his helmet. And yes a Jag man, rather than a 'JAGUAR' man, he has been with that machine for a long time. He must have as much trouble getting a medical for his license as me. Come to think of it, does a VCC event require a medical, or are we all just old broken down old farts.[2 words] As 93 year old John Fitch, American race car driver said......'I have to be prepared at any day, to become incompetent'...........