Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Old Race And Road Car Ads

Haa great to see Mundell and Slaughters ad here. Thats where I started my apprenticeship. Barry Algie was there at that time and built a twin cam head for a Mini.... as was Bruce "Porky" Anderson. Cool thanks guys. Regards, Tony Rutherford.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hey thats great Milan! The car advertised I believe is the second Pinepac car, which the Pinepac team built themselves. But the car advertised further up the page for 35K, I'm not sure which one that is. Tony Rutherford will probably know though.
    Yep you are right on the dot there Steve. I had the original car that Bruce and Wayne got from Aussie. (which just sold for telephone numbers) This is a Hopper built car that they used as a second car I guess and Rex Findlay owned this (replica). Wayne put this one onto its roof doing a practice session at Manfield just Prior to Wellington Street race.....then Graeme Addis was looking at "buying a drive" in the B & H and wrong slotted the Getrag gearbox and spun into flaggies post at Railway Corner at Pukekohe causing major damage. However, my car got restored by Ken Hopper and sent to Aussie ....later to be sold for big bucks and then Ken got the job of restoring this car and sending it back as well. Ken has made a very good top resto on both these cars and that is why I guess they command such a high price..... Regards, Tony Rutherford.

[QUOTE=Jizim;28172]Haa great to see Mundell and Slaughters ad here. Thats where I started my apprenticeship. Barry Algie was there at that time and built a twin cam head for a Mini.... as was Bruce "Porky" Anderson. Cool thanks guys. Regards, Tony Rutherford.[/QU
    Hi Tony- I was talking to Barry Algie today, he said the two of you worked together at Engine Rebuilders

Do you think this one is still available?

Name:  1544618_686325611429586_5073749875417326369_n.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  34.8 KB

Not at that price Steve!
    PM for you