SPR Models
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 266

Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

  1. #1
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

    I came across "classic cars and Wrecks of NZ" on facebook. They have a lot of interesting pictures, wrecking yards full of old cars, ideal for Old farts pre 1960 series.
    But first of all, can anyone identify this left hand drive Escort OSCA
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by bry3500; 04-14-2012 at 05:15 AM.

  2. #2
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Horipito Wreckers

    Horopito Wreckers
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  3. #3
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Horopito Wreckers

    Cont'd
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Early Bluebird?

    Datsun?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Yandina, Queensland
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Horopito Wreckers
    Theres at least one old Skoda there, first is 2nd from right on the bottom pic. The blue one in the back looks either like another one or an old Bluebird

  6. #6
    Journeyman Racer Chris Read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arrowtown, Central Otaaaaaaago
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Datsun?
    DEFINITELY A DATSUN BLUEBIRD MODEL 312 1962 ONWARDS. MY FATHER USED TO IMPORT THEM VIA HIS PART OWNED COMPANY NISSAN MOTOR DISTRIBUTORS. WAS ONE OF MY FIRST CARS AND A GOOD LITTLE GOER. HAD A 1200 MOTOR AND 3 ON THE TREE WITH A BENCH SEAT IN THE FRONT. COULD NOT KILL THEM AND AS A 15 YR OLD WE SURE TRIED. CHRIS READ- ARROWTOWN.

  7. #7
    This is an awesome thread Bry! Can anyone help with info on that Escort? I'd love to know more about it. Bry, do you mind if I change the thread name to include junkyards from all over the world so its not just limited to NZ? This could get really interesting.

  8. #8
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497
    absolutely Steve ..great idea,maybe incorporate barn finds as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    This is an awesome thread Bry! Can anyone help with info on that Escort? I'd love to know more about it. Bry, do you mind if I change the thread name to include junkyards from all over the world so its not just limited to NZ? This could get really interesting.
    Last edited by bry3500; 04-16-2012 at 07:00 AM.

  9. #9
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497
    from http://asaucerfulofwheels.tumblr.com...was-registered
    1962 Ferrari 250 GTO #3589

    3589 was registered to a high school. It was donated to them by Rosebud Racing in Texas when they quit racing in 1964. IT was just an old, worn out racecar. The School kept it until 1970 in the auto shop with students just messing around with it. They then advertised it in Hemmings as a 250GT. A guy in Ohio I believe bought it with the thought of making a quick buck. That didnt pan out, so he put it out to pasture. Literally. The car sat on a trailer in a field for almost 20 years. It is now fully restored and owned by Bert Steiger in Switzerland last I heard. This car was originally raced by Mike Parkes and Innes Ireland among others
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  10. #10
    Ferris de Joux Jack Brabham body - some pretty serious history here. Bit of fixing up and then a good stash of old 20c coins.

    Last edited by Shano; 04-16-2012 at 08:02 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    from http://asaucerfulofwheels.tumblr.com...was-registered
    1962 Ferrari 250 GTO #3589

    “3589 was registered to a high school. It was donated to them by Rosebud Racing in Texas when they quit racing in 1964. IT was just an old, worn out racecar. The School kept it until 1970 in the auto shop with students just messing around with it. They then advertised it in Hemmings as a 250GT. A guy in Ohio I believe bought it with the thought of making a quick buck. That didnt pan out, so he put it out to pasture. Literally. The car sat on a trailer in a field for almost 20 years. It is now fully restored and owned by Bert Steiger in Switzerland last I heard. This car was originally raced by Mike Parkes and Innes Ireland among others
    Wow, are you shitting me? Thats amazing!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Ferris de Joux Jack Brabham body - some pretty serious history here. Bit of fixing up and then a good stash of old 20c coins.

    Haven't seen it for years! I have a bucket of coins here!

  13. #13
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    U.S. junkyard finds

    Sorry no details
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  14. #14
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Car Sculpture Park

    Germany
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  15. #15
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,497

    Car Sculpture Park

    More
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  16. #16
    Hay Bryan I think that escort is the ex Murry Rawson Mk 1 had lotus TC in it then 1600 BDA wondwred where it went . Jamie

  17. #17
    slightly of topic but interesting none the less

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de...-in-Burma.html

  18. #18
    Those ones of "Car Sculpture Park" are very saddening! Even my place doesn't look quite that sad!

  19. #19
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cambridge NI NZ.
    Posts
    918
    Those pics of 'Car Sculpture Park' just make me spit......these bastards that do this sort of thing need a bullet, right where it hurts! A couple of the cars in there have racing & rallying history, and is particularly bad for me because one of them is an XK120. Jim, don't look. Also a very collectable Porsche 356.......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  20. #20
    makes a man cry
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •