Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

World Champion
    Bit of a puzzle trying to identify these sad remains, but there seems to be a mixture of American, English and European. In the first post, 35, the first picture is a tough one....could be a Wolseley with that distinctive radiator,[any other ideas] next a Dodge/deSoto/Plymouth, on SLICKS no less, then Citroen DS, Ford 34 Tudor, last Citroen L15. Post 36....first pic...53 RMA Riley 2.5, TR7 on top of Fiat X19 [should be the other way round!!!]...an Alfa in the bottom right corner and a Wolseley bottom left, last a Morris Minor MM Lowlite in front of a VW. Cant identify the machines with wrap-around windows. Most of these look as though they were not in too bad condition when dumped. There was probably some slight problem that the overseas mechanics could not figure out, especially with the TR7. Would be nice think that some have been saved. Love these...NO I don't love them, but keep them coming. I'll have to go down to the supermarket and get some more tissues!

Semi-Pro Racer
    I am impressed with what they have done to the Renault 750 body on the stock car. Looks better than the four door one I had in the sixties.

World Champion
    That first damn pic in post 35 had got me going. It is not a Wolseley........could it be a Peugeot?......mmmmmm... Almost looks American, but those chromed headlamps look wrong. Has a fabric roof which has caved in, so is late 20's. Any ideas?

Semi-Pro Racer

USA 1983

Name:  USA junk1.jpg
Views: 3563
Size:  67.0 KBName:  USA junk2.jpg
Views: 3503
Size:  87.0 KBName:  USA junk4.jpg
Views: 3444
Size:  53.6 KBName:  USA junk5.jpg
Views: 3432
Size:  55.5 KBName:  USA junk6.jpg
Views: 3436
Size:  101.4 KBName:  USA junk7.jpg
Views: 3287
Size:  96.0 KB

World Champion

post #35

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    That first damn pic in post 35 had got me going. It is not a Wolseley........could it be a Peugeot?......mmmmmm... Almost looks American, but those chromed headlamps look wrong. Has a fabric roof which has caved in, so is late 20's. Any ideas?
    You are on the money AMC072..Peter Lippmann lived in Paris for 25years, that's where these pics were taken. If you compare the insignia on the radiator in the following pic you will see that your identification of a Peugeot is spot on I reckon
    Attached Images Attached Images  

World Champion

Peter Lippmann

Cont'd

World Champion

Random Pics

from web

World Champion
    Gosh, having to scratch my head for these........starting at top......Peugeot 404?...Citroen L 15...Renault Dauphine.... blue?? mmmmm.....Opel Cadet.....Hot Rod with Nitrous Tank....Dodge ?.....Renault Alpine 110.....Early FHC E type Jag with Ford Galaxie?.....Ferrari Daytona.....a couple of XK's, OTS and FHC. I hope the XK's were saved Dave.

Surely some of those are retrievable. sad to see.

wow, some of them look almost new compared to some of the absolute wrecks you see restored and back on the track or road. What a shame.

Semi-Pro Racer
    The Alpine should be OK it is mostly fibreglass with a steel backbone. Someone seems to have cut the roof on it

World Champion

Car Cemetery by Svein Nordrum

2 hours outside of Oslo Sweden
    Pics reproduced with permission fron Svein
    for more check this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/nordrum...th/4902007626/

World Champion

Car Cemetery

Cont'd

World Champion
    GeebeeNZ, it looks to me as though some thoughtful person has placed a roof from another car on the Alpine, rather than cutting the Alpines roof off.......maybe to 'protect' it. That car is of course today enormously collectable. The Swedish lot have got me bushed, although I suspect some of them are Saabs, but the guy with the Austin A30/35 collection had his priorities right. And a Zephyr bonnet in the last pic. Also the 'Dodge' in the Peter Lippmann pics is not a Dodge......is either a Citroen or Renault, and I would plug for a Renault.

Swedish ones I reckon are; Saab96, then a 93, then a beetle, then the others you got!
    A110 can't be that collectable..nobody wants to buy mine!

World Champion
    Oldfart, it must be too expensive for us POOR New Zealanders. You could count what I know about Renaults on the finger of one hand, but I always thought they were a desirable automobile.

World Champion

Trekkas and more

rust never sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Oldfart, it must be too expensive for us POOR New Zealanders. You could count what I know about Renaults on the finger of one hand, but I always thought they were a desirable automobile.
    Hell, I am one of the POOR ones you mention, I was just in the "right place, right time.." when I acquired mine, and took 8 years to get to current state. It is about half the price of the same car in Europe. And it is desirable, just not getting used.

World Champion

Dashboards

Who can identify (one is relatively easy.The other very hard)

World Champion
    ....could the second pic be an early..... DeLorean?

The first pic.....maybe a Ferrari of some sort.