Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

World Champion
    Cont'd
    Attached Images Attached Images    

World Champion
    Tornado

World Champion
    That Ferrari in post #301 went for 20 mill...

With or with out the books ???

World Champion
    from FB

That Mk3 engine is worth grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    That Mk3 engine is worth grabbing.
    Yes, the chrome tappet cover model's always went a lot faster Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    from FB
    I would be looking at the triple carb manifold,and maybe a good Head - Raymond Mays one. My Dad had a Mark 111, as standard, and a mate of mine a Mark11, Zodiac with a twin choke Weber and the said Raymond Mays head, the Zodiac was at Walton,nr Matamata, back in the early 70's.

Cedric Price had a Raymond Mays set up on his Z car in Matamata way back then.

Yea Kevin was thinking about the whole engine as maybe it has some goodies to go with those carbs hanging of it. See it also has extractors no hockey stick on this baby. The chrome cover was only for extra 500 rev's, same as Jo's shopping basket Mk4 Cortina wagon that you breathed on years back, quickest to supermarket and Roadrunner.

Trick in old days with Zephry was Bedford pistons etc, Kevin you would have played with a few of these beauties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Cedric Price had a Raymond Mays set up on his Z car in Matamata way back then.

Yea Kevin was thinking about the whole engine as maybe it has some goodies to go with those carbs hanging of it. See it also has extractors no hockey stick on this baby. The chrome cover was only for extra 500 rev's, same as Jo's shopping basket Mk4 Cortina wagon that you breathed on years back, quickest to supermarket and Roadrunner.

Trick in old days with Zephry was Bedford pistons etc, Kevin you would have played with a few of these beauties.
    Yes true Rod, tried all sorts of things in those days, used to get em going pretty good, I was from Walton but cant recall that one, did you mean the cortina wagon that turned into a mangrove tree hugger, but that is another story isn't it Rod, bit slow getting home that night.

Hell Kev, that Mark 3 looks like a good one for you. No worse than the Reno was

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Hell Kev, that Mark 3 looks like a good one for you. No worse than the Reno was
    Well, twice the size = more than I could handle Rhys, reno is still awaiting your pickup, could make a good special out of the zeph like Hampton boy's did in matamata many years ago.

World Champion
    another from FB

Not quite abandoned, but definately looking neglected, before and after shots.

Name:  TR4A Bald Hill 1979 MG CC Hill climb V3..32, CCI03082015 (3) (800x643).jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  154.8 KB

the below were the result of a road accident, out trying new tyres ready for the next season of Hill Climbs, 1980/81 series, result was this and a four year rebuild, as life got in the way.
    Name:  TR4A accident 1980, #2 CCI03082015 (2) (764x800).jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  151.8 KB

Name:  TR4A accident 1980, #2  partial stripdown CCI03082015 (3) (786x800).jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  171.4 KB

Managed to retain the number plate..

World Champion
    Roger,
    Judging by the amount of filler in the front valance this is not the first incident that this vehicle has been through !
    Hey you can buy a new valance at Moss Motors (USA)for about $ 140.00 (US) Part # 855-100
    Looks like someone spent almost that in "Bondo".

(I still love that 1st photo ).

Cheers,
    Ken
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 08-27-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Roger,
    Judging by the amount of filler in the front valance this is not the first incident that this vehicle has been through !
    Hey you can buy a new valance at Moss Motors (USA)for about $ 140.00 (US) Part # 855-100
    Looks like someone spent almost that in "Bondo".

(I still love that 1st photo ).

Cheers,
    Ken
    Ken, interesting as the " new " bonnet for the TR was from a wreckers yard Foreign Parts West in Eugene Oregon, shipped back to NZ in 1982, and even more interesting is when I sold the car [ in 1985 to help buy a house ] was to a Charles Matschek, an American living in NZ who went to University in Oregon and knew of the wrecking yard, it had a Jaguar XK 120 body as a sign on the roof, imagine that now, what would it be worth.
    Must post some photos' from the wrecking yards we saw in this thread, we visited quite a few that summer

World Champion
    Anyone ID this one?

World Champion
    A couple more

#317 has a touch of the Costin Nathan about it, but looks to be in aluminium rather than fibreglass (and plywood...).

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    #317 has a touch of the Costin Nathan about it, but looks to be in aluminium rather than fibreglass (and plywood...).
    I thought it had a bit of a Len Bailey look. But not quite.