Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

World Champion
    not a Delorean, but you are on the right kind of track AMC072

World Champion
    I'm sure it has got a gull-wing door, but I cant identify the instruments....they look Renault 16 to me. Fluffy trim, auto, small steering wheel with logo that I can't read. Looks 80's.......mmmmmmm

What a completely awesome thread this is! Its both sad and incredible at the same time.

What is the car shown in the first picture in Post #47? Just shows the interior, but looks like an old drag car.

World Champion
    Next guess.....a Lotus...Eclat. Is there such a thing? The left-hand-drive is what is getting me.
    Steve that machine does look like an old drag car.....is that a nitrous tank under the dash? But does a drag car have a windshield and wipers?

If it was an old '60s Gasser it could have had Gerald, many of those cars were also drivenm on the road.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Next guess.....a Lotus...Eclat. Is there such a thing? The left-hand-drive is what is getting me.
    Steve that machine does look like an old drag car.....is that a nitrous tank under the dash? But does a drag car have a windshield and wipers?
    Go back to Gull Wing doors

was it made by Rolley Crowther??

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Cheetah?
    Not a Cheetah nor made by Rolley Crowther.
    Hint: The cars had no cigarette lighter or ashtray. Non-smoker ....... ....... believed it was unsafe to smoke and drive. The car is the only production vehicle in automotive history to have powered gull-wing doors, that opened and closed at the touch of a button, as standard equipment.
    btw ..first dash is not a Ferrari
    Last edited by bry3500; 04-25-2012 at 04:11 AM.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Bricklin?
    Awesome work Oldfart
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bry3500; 04-25-2012 at 04:54 AM.

World Champion
    Bricklin.......never heard of it. LHD....American? How many were made, and how many survive in better shape than this poor old girl.
    Still thinking about the red car......unusual dash......also LHD. perhaps it had a valuable 'Motolita' steering wheel that got nicked!!

Wikipedia gave the answer this time! I usually don't place too much credence on it, but there you go. An idle ANZAC afternoon, other than a bit of work on the Buckler, some on the Volvo 242GT and new manifolds on the A110. Gee what a skite, and all of them have come from some fortuitous dealing, but not a bad collection if I say so myself.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Bricklin.......never heard of it. LHD....American? How many were made, and how many survive in better shape than this poor old girl.
    Still thinking about the red car......unusual dash......also LHD. perhaps it had a valuable 'Motolita' steering wheel that got nicked!!
    2600 odd made between 1974 and 1976..Canadian
    You were warm in the first pic with the Ferrari AMC072
    Last edited by bry3500; 04-25-2012 at 05:34 AM.

There was a Bricklin that appeared in the opening car chase scene of the H.B Halicki film Deadline Auto Theft. A pretty forgettable flick, but he is better remembered for his 1974 movie Gone In 60 Seconds.

I think Bricklins were a bit exotic when they first appeared, but I don't know what sort of following they have now. Were very short lived production. I remember seeing one on a run-down car yard when travelling through California about 10 years ago. It had seen better days.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I think Bricklins were a bit exotic when they first appeared, but I don't know what sort of following they have now. Were very short lived production. I remember seeing one on a run-down car yard when travelling through California about 10 years ago. It had seen better days.
    http://www.bricklin.org/

World Champion
    OK.....last guess. A Maserati 300S..... can I see the 'Trident' on the clutch pedal? My eyes are buggered...too much knitting!!!!