Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

World Champion
    Amerikiwi, are you really? The following is not exactly the writing of a dyslexic person, but you get the idea. It is amazing that you can actually still read it. And I am telling you, this was hard to type.

Arocchicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,it deosnt mttaer in waht oredr the llteers in a wrod are, the olny ipromatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Your OK Jim........

A racing saying that I have always liked comes from that great American racing family, the Unsers.
    Al said.......Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately he didn't teach me everything HE knows!!!

I dont believe in Dog either, or for that matter Juess Csirth!!!!!!!!!

Amco you be lucky I be a refind gent and not able to stoop so low as to poke fun

World Champion
    Not poking fun Jim, my old mate, just reassuring you, that you are OK... But a refined Gent?....mmmmmmmmm.

World Champion
    Right lets get back on track here. Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, the 2 Porsches in post 91 must be great examples. The 914/6 has got to be, not only the ugliest Porsche, but also one of the ugliest cars of all time. Not sure what Porsche were thinking when they came up with that, and I can understand why someone would abandon it. The pretty little 356 coupe however is another thing. Why was it left to rot. Looks like the English salt has got to it. What rot you can see is bad enough, goodness knows what is underneath. While we are on the subject, could someone on here tell me exactly who the 914/6 was aimed at. Somebody must have 'loved' them, but who?
    bry3500, where do you get all these pictures of relics from?...... Nostalgia.......

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Amerikiwi, are you really? The following is not exactly the writing of a dyslexic person, but you get the idea. It is amazing that you can actually still read it. And I am telling you, this was hard to type.

Arocchicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,it deosnt mttaer in waht oredr the llteers in a wrod are, the olny ipromatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Your OK Jim........

A racing saying that I have always liked comes from that great American racing family, the Unsers.
    Al said.......Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately he didn't teach me everything HE knows!!!

I dont believe in Dog either, or for that matter Juess Csirth!!!!!!!!!
    Very celevr Amco, I showed your answer to my redneck buddies here and they all adlpeuapd, so there is hope for the colonies yet.
    Neville Milne is fortunate,he lives 4 hours drive north(Maryland) of here (southern Virginia), where the dialect is fairly neutral.

Right lets get back on track here. Going from the sublime to the ridiculous, the 2 Porsches in post 91 must be great examples. The 914/6 has got to be, not only the ugliest Porsche, but also one of the ugliest cars of all time. Not sure what Porsche were thinking when they came up with that, and I can understand why someone would abandon it. The pretty little 356 coupe however is another thing. Why was it left to rot. Looks like the English salt has got to it. What rot you can see is bad enough, goodness knows what is underneath. While we are on the subject, could someone on here tell me exactly who the 914/6 was aimed at. Somebody must have 'loved' them, but who?
    bry3500, where do you get all these pictures of relics from?...... Nostalgia.......
    Yes, the 914/4 and 914/6 were both designed for niche market of overweight, middle aged, American male hairdressers werent they? Also loved by many an "autocrosser" - what were the engineers in Stuttgart thinking? Mind you, the same could be said of some of the factories efforts in the 1980's as well. I'll sit on the fence with the 356, its aesthetically pleasing, but Im not sure about the mechanicals. Maybe its just me, I just dont get whole Cabrio / Porsche thing. Now Spyders, thats something completely different

World Champion
    What you are saying Habu ,is that these things are just hotted up VW's!!!!! I didn't ask you to come out and hit me between the eyes, which is what youv'e done, but I thought it was just me that couldn't stand them!!!!!!. You do mean 'autocrosser' and not 'crossdresser' don't you!!! By the way, was the bodywork, or some of it glass-fibre?.... The first 911 was the best, but who am I to talk, I'm not a Porsche fan, and thats putting it mildly. The person we should be asking of course is JIM......come in Jim. But don't get Jim going on Spyders, especially home-made Spyders, or we will here all day.

Hi Boys, Hitler,s revenge the up market ones Still desined by the same man ?? jamie

Ha ha AMCO72, Im still laughing, "hotted up VW's",...."autocrosser and not crossdresser" - I think you've nailed it! I think it was a member of the automotive press who once remarked that Porsches were just "rear engined Nazi slotcars". Unfortunately there are a few racing Porsches that I could quite happily own, ....917. I think Jamie's pretty well on track with us here too. Anywho, I digress, what is unfortunate, is to see good or even great cars go to waste, as some of those photos show. Its a shame that so often cars that have a significance or relevance can fall into the hands of someone of questionable mentality. Worse still, when that person has money, more often than not, they're labelled as "eccentric". Then the rest of us mortals have to watch as the horrors unfold over the ensuing years

World Champion

Fibreglass

American, only 20 made ..any takers? ( I would be stunned if anyone got this!)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    American, only 20 made ..any takers? ( I would be stunned if anyone got this!)
    Kirtis???????????

World Champion
    Spelt.......KURTIS....?????????? Or maybe a Nash Healey.

World Champion
    Not a Kurtis ,Nash Healy
    Spelt.......KURTIS....?????????? Or maybe a Nash Healey.

World Champion
    Glasspar??? that's another new one on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Bry, Glasspar?

Weekend Warrior
    How about Woodill Wildfire?

World Champion
    lisian, I'm stunned...top of the class with honours
    Quote Originally Posted by lisian_1275 View Post

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lisian_1275 View Post
    .......check brilliant site,www.forgottenfibreglass.com,Tony Curtis starred in an early career movie called "Johnny Dark" where he was a 'Racing Driver' drove a 'Woodill Wildfire' history of car is on the 'forgotten'site.......regards thunder427/Myles

World Champion

Meanwhile...back at Glasspar

Thanks Thunder I'll check that site

World Champion
    more