Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merv Hunt & The Ivy H Bee / Vanguard Special

Semi-Pro Racer
    Yes, Peter Harrison
    The bloke in my photo (well, I didn't take it!) is George Wilson - presumably not the later B&H driver of Simca 1000s etc

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieG View Post
    I will have to get a copy of the book or get someone to scan the photos for me. Hopefully David can shed some more light on the situation
    Have you found the "The Way We Were" photo yet, Paulie G?
    I scanned it a year or two ago in the course of borrowing almost all of the 16 books of the series, looking for motor racing photos. The Ivy H Bee photo and one of George Smith and John McMillan at Muriwai Beach were the only 2 I recall, plus 2 motorcycle racing pictures. Not a very productive exercise at all!

It's presumably somebody's copyright, but if you give me your email address by Personal Message, I will email it to you. Interesting but not very accurate caption as well.

Stu

Semi-Pro Racer
    A further comment on Mike Bevington's entry at Ardmore GP meeting 1960: he was an entry for the 'Ultimate-Ekco Race Car Feature'
    which was a racing and sports car handicap, but he didn't figure in the list of actual starters, and probably wasn't there at all. I don't recall ever seeing a car looking like the Ivy H Bee or Vanguard Special.

Oops, slight error. He ran in the sports car handicap race, run after the Grand Prix, and retired on lap 7 of 10. But I still dont recall the car!

Stu
    Last edited by stubuchanan; 04-26-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks Stu
    Have sent PM, thanks for letting me know in regards to the Buckler.

Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Apparently built by Sam Mills with body by Bert Fiddymont. Sorry, don't recall where I got that info from

This is how it looked as a sportscar (Horahora hillclimb, 1959)
    the vehicle is still in New Zealand (Napier)waiting to be brought back to life regards owner bob