Thread: Is there any interest in old UK stuff?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Woody. Yes! Lots of spare club racing programmes of Mallory Park, Cadwell, Croft, Donington (postwar) including the re-opening of Donington May 1977.

Phew, is it really 35 years since that fraught meeting, when the local ramblers objected to the reopening and at the 11th hour, it had to be run as a "Trial" with no single seaters. The local Lotus dealers (Else of Codnor) who sponsored the meeting, probably fell over soon after as crowds were minimal as the word had got around that the meeting had been stopped. It wasn't until the Friday afternoon that the organising club's solicitors managed to get an all clear and that was because one of the NSCC board members was a solicitor - and I think he may even have despatched an underling to London to sort it. A bit hazy about those details.

I have personal pics of Colin Chapman & Tom Wheatcroft (of course!) as there was a race for Lotuses only, won by Brian Cocks, Lotus 23, who had borrowed the oil cooler from my road car!

Suggest you might want to look at the race programme covers website, which is fantastic and growing daily.

http://www.progcovers.com/motor/index.html

I am overseas in a few days so won't be doing much on here for a while.

I also have some prewar ERA Club newsletters and various bits and pieces of early BRM literature.
    Last edited by screwdriver; 04-26-2012 at 04:11 AM.