Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: imformatin required

Name:  DSCF3024.JPG
Views: 1420
Size:  25.4 KB

Just another common structural similarity that the Markson and Bolwell have in common
    Another common feature that goes towards reinforcing my assumpsion that this car started off as a Bolwell kit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34213
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by markson; 03-24-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Name:  DSCF3024.JPG
Views: 1420
Size:  25.4 KB

Just another common structural similarity that the Markson and Bolwell have in common
    Another common feature that goes towards reinforcing my assumpsion that this car started off as a Bolwell kit

Note the U section reinforcing running along the transmission tunnel

Name:  IMG_1349.JPG
Views: 2487
Size:  64.0 KB
    Hopefully I will be turning this
    Name:  markson1.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  75.7 KB

Into this
    Name:  1614 2.JPG
Views: 1277
Size:  31.6 KB

It's great what a coat of paint and a set of wire wheels will make .Markson
    Last edited by markson; 01-25-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Name:  ShannonNagari.JPG
Views: 1137
Size:  83.1 KB
    Name:  markson1.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  75.7 KB

It is with great reluctance and a great deal of sadness
    due to my ill health,OLD age, and to keep my wife happy,that I am seeking expressions of interest
    to the purchase of this very interesting project car,that I consider to be a very unique part of both NZ & Australian motoring history, and it needs to go,to a good home. PM me for more details. Markson

SOLD

Last edited by markson; 06-11-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: 6

Markson
    Last edited by markson; 06-10-2017 at 03:49 AM.

Maybe I should have this add in the for sale section Markson

After all this time of my pursuit in trying to find info on the Markson,it goes to show that sometimes, time and persistance pays off ,as last night I was contacted by one of the past owner's of the Markson some 40 odd years ago.with an interest in purchasing the Markson off me.This could turn out to be interesting .Markson
    Last edited by markson; 06-10-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Kerry Hendry and Markson, together again after 40 odd years Name:  IMG_2103.JPG
Views: 732
Size:  48.0 KB
    Last edited by markson; 06-10-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Back in the hands of an old owner after 40 odd year SOLD
    Last edited by markson; 06-11-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Name:  mk 5 front.JPG
Views: 696
Size:  64.9 KBName:  ShannonNagari.JPG
Views: 694
Size:  83.1 KBName:  sr6-3.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  25.8 KB

Top picture is Markson front
    The bottom 2 photos are Bolwels ???
    Last edited by markson; 06-12-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Totality back in the hands of the owner of some 40 odd years ago Name:  back in kerry's hands.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  80.6 KB

Markson is off into the fog and mist to the start of a new beginning
    Who know,s what may return ???Name:  off into the fog.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  56.6 KB

It was with a great deal of sadness but also one of pleasure that I had to say good-bye this morning to the Markson
    The sadness coming from the fact that I was saying good-bye inside to something, that over the last 5 odd years had given me a great deal of pleasure and fun.

The pleasure coming from knowing that the Markson was going back to someone who had owned it 40 odd years ago, and I believe had spent a great deal of his past 40 odd years, looking for something that he had owned at the age of 16, but his Dad had sold it from under his Bum,also in knowing deep down that for reason,s due to the deterioration of my ill health, also,my 76 odd years of age, and to keep my little lady happy as well, and knowing that I was never ever going to do the justice to the Markson that it deserved, and it was now in the hands of someone who shared the same passion and enthusiasm as I have had with the Markson. over the last 5 0dd years.

It was a very uncanny feelling watching it disappear 50 meters down the road into the obscurity of the fog and mist,and it was a bit like the curtains closing at the end of a great concert,and I felt a great deal of vindcation ,of my relentless dogged attempts over the last 5 odd years of being a member on the roaring season forum, trying to find out the real history of the Markson.

I did find it a little strange being on here asking what some might have considered to be silly questions and putting forward my assumptions of what I felt what the Markson was, and where it had come from,and found it very strange being in the cyber company of many people who seemingly know a awful lot about every thing that every one else knows about, but I was never able to find out anything from any one about something, no body new anything about.

As the Markson disapeared into the fog,a little flash came back to me, of over the last 50 odd years, as to how many many times I had the same feeling watching the many many cars that I had owned here in NZ over the last 50 odd years,that had in some instances had moved on and were now very well know cars and some of them were just like the Markson
    A car that no one new anything about or new its of its existence
    I just wonder what the curtain call will bring,in the future, with the return of the Markson

Markson
    Last edited by markson; 06-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Graham- you did a great job in being guardian a make car that not any of us were aware of safe and secure
    Its been an education and this thread-56,500 hits- makes an excellent reference for Bolwels.
    Neat that the guy had been keeping an eye out for it for 40 odd years and is rapt to now have it.-Something I can relate to.
    Lets hope he will finish it soon and take you for a run in the country with it
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 06-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Hi John
    Thank you for your kind words
    As you will no doubt know ,a lot of pleasure in owning and restoring a car, is in finding out a little bit of history on what you intend to play with, and sometimes spend a lot of money on doing so, and hopefully one day have it restored.
    Having owned and restored many different cars over the years, I have found that the most of the pleasure is derived from the like minded people that you come in contact with along the way.whom you may never had met in your life if it had not been for your common interest.Graham

Something filling the gap left by the Markson
    Name:  jag 3.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  74.1 KB

Fill or Overfill?

Probably Overfill Allan Markson

Jag getting ready to pounce

Name:  mk 5 front.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  64.9 KB
    Last edited by markson; 06-27-2017 at 03:58 AM.