Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: imformatin required

imformatin required

Hi My name is Graham
    I am the owner of what I consider to be a very interesting and unique NZ built motor car, which I am looking for information on
    It is registed as a MK1 1967 MARKSON This car was built around 1964-66 and I believe it to be a MK5 or 7 Australian Bolwell body and maybe chassis, assembled here in NZ
    I would appreciate any information regarding this vehicle. Regards Graham
    Last edited by markson; 07-31-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: sp

Hello Graham,
    Welcome to the RS, Do you have any photos of the car ?
    I have some early and mid 60's Australian Sports Car World magazines and they regularly feature specials like the Bolwell. I will look through the collection later this weekend for any background information.

Bruce.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Is this the same car

The auction closed and did not sell.

Search for 'Markson car 1967' or browse Used Cars

Ford markson 1967

No reserve No reserve
    Closed: Tue 9 May 2006, 11:12 am
    Listing #: 54764300

Advertisement

(note we are unsure of the km's done that figure shown above is just an estimate)
    this is a one of a kind car the only one in the world the body is fully fiberglass and is light weight.
    the engine is a zephyr6 engine and is out of the car at the moment and needs work done on it.
    it has a 4 speed manual gearbox hooked up to a nine inch ford diff.
    it has new 14" modgie mags on all 4 corners of the car which are covered in new rubber also.
    (wheel size is: 14"225/65)
    the interior is in good condition just needs a bit of a tidy it has 2 mint condition sports bucket seats in the front also.
    we have registration papers here and a chassis number which is: J.B.007.
    this will be a good restoration project for any car crazed person and once restored will be worth quite a bit of money please feel free to ring after 6:30pm only please or ask any questions thanks and happy bidding

Semi-Pro Racer
    Wrong Vehicle
    Last edited by markec; 04-28-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Hi Graham,you might try logging on to " Bolly Blogs " , a forum for Australlian Bolwell owners.I believe the club does hold build records that should include the early models.

Bolwell Mk 5

Name:  img001.jpg
Views: 3037
Size:  68.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Hi My name is Graham
    I am the owner of what I consider to be a very interesting and unique NZ built motor car, which I am looking for information on
    It is registed as a MK1 1967 MARKSON This car was built around 1964 66 and I believe it to be a MK5 Australian Bolwell and chassis assembled here in NZ
    I would appreciate any information regarding this vehicle
    Aphoto might help us.

World Champion

1967 Markson

here you go ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Aphoto might help us.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    In our 1990 NZ Sports Car Club register there is a picture of a Markson GT that was owned by a Glen Eden Spray Painter Colin Burrows.
    I know the Bolwells as I have seen Bolwell Club displays at Philip Island Historics and have read a bit about them. I would be surprised if there was a link with the Markson. I will try and scan the picture later.
    Graeme Banks

Hi Graeme I think after 7 months of asking the wrong people for info on this car, you are on the money
    The car was owned in 1980 by a Janice Burrows whom I presume was either Colin Burrow wife or his daughter
    I did try to locate her some time ago , but had no luck, Now that I have your info it has given me another lead to go on .
    I do believe that a person by the name of GORDON HOOK,at the time of the cars build, had some hand in its construction ,but I could be wrong,he also built the Amero,and later on, Chev Corvette replica's as well , somehow he has appeared to disappear off the face of earth,
    Last edited by markson; 02-03-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: 10

Weekend Warrior
    Looking forward to seeing GeebeeNZ's picture.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  markson.jpg
Views: 2795
Size:  56.7 KB Graham I will send you a note as well. Gordon Hook built 4 cars called Amero before he got invlved with the Corvette Replicas. The Amero was a similar car to yours.

Hi Graeme
    You are spot on
    That is exactly my car.Over a period of time I have spoken with all the people you have mentioned as well. I also found trying to locate MR Hook to be impossible, I think at one stage, I spoke to someone, who may have been a son of his, but the son??? was very vague in our conversation, but he did say, he new of a GORDON HOOK, and was going to get back to me, but this never happened, so I drew a blank in that area. After reading all sorts of article's on cars of this style that were built here in NZ back then, and putting together all the info that I have managed to collect over time,my own personal theory of this car is,that it is, an Australian MK5-7 Bolwell body and chassis, purchased from Bolwell in the mid 60's.After speaking to Graeme Bolwell personally,he does remember them selling a couple of bodies and chassis, back then, for cash flow reasons, but cannot remember to whom, or what ever become of them, and they have no records of the MK5s, as they were destroyed when the factory was burnt down.. I believe,the body and chassis was purchased from Bolwell , was cut into pieces to a shippable size, also the chassis,which was common practice back, then to enable someone to bring a car into NZ, without and import licence or not having overseas funds. I believe it was then shipped to NZ by someone who worked for Air New Zealand (TEAL) at that time, and was assembled at TEAL at Whenuapai.According to a Don Subritzky,of Spitefire restoration fame, who was an apprentice for Teal, at Whenuapai, at that time, and went on to be in charge of the air frame maintainance, for Air New Zealand at Mangere, all sorts of things were made at Whenuapai, and he does remember a couple of cars being put together out there, but was not sure what they were, or what they turned out to be, and when Teal became Air New Zealand and moved to Mangere in 1967 all that sort of thing finished, and no more homer's were undertaken at Mangere.I believe at that time the unfinished body and chassis was on sold, or loaned, to Gordon Hook or somehow, he made a mold off the body, which become the Amero , he then onsold it to who ever, maybe a person named Reynolds who was the first owner of this car. But I could be wrong .
    TBC
    Last edited by markson; 02-03-2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: sp

World Champion
    Here is a link to the Amero and Gordon Hook...maybe you get some info via this
    http://www.constructorscarclub.org.n...-markstac.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Billy That article is sort of correct ,but not quite.Read this article that I have posted. Graham

Semi-Pro Racer
    bry3500 thanks for that posting. I have fond memories of racing against Mark Stacey in that car at a SCCNZ club meeting at Bay Park in the late 1980s.
    Marks car had a standard Holden and mine was a very modified Fiat 128 SL coupe. We had a lot of fun.

World Champion
    cheers Geebee, enjoying your posts as well..
    do you have any oics of your Fiat?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  amero.jpg
Views: 2664
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  markson1.jpg
Views: 2742
Size:  75.7 KB

Have posted these photos on behalf of markson. The top one is the Amero the lower one the Markson. The resemblance is very clear.

Name:  MK V Bolwell Pict0020.JPG
Views: 2826
Size:  127.4 KB

Pictures of MKV Bolwell