Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: imformatin required

Hi Oldfart Just as a matter of interest it also had 2 brake boosters ??? Graham

Are the brakes on separate circuits with a booster each?
    Story from the time when Alpine A110 had to have twin rear shocks, reason I have been given is that there was no suitable single rate. Sometimes the works cars had one of each pair "upside down" to get the rebound rate the way the drivers wanted.

World Champion
    Will do!!
    Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Hi BRY3500 Let John L know through his Bolly Blog ,that if he has to walk Bare Arsed to Oodnadatta if he is wrong ,then i'll be with him.Also I will provide the sunscreen, hats, and beers Graham

Hi All just recapping on the info that I have to date, and changing my line of thought a little after contacting Mr Gordon Hook
    After emailing him and having a reply from him, he states that he know's nothing about or has never seen this car before, me being of skeptic mind, I don't believe his reply at this stage,but have changed my way of thinking a little on this cars history .I still believe that it is an Australian Bolwell as stated before, and I do believe that someone in the aircraft industry had a lot to do with its construction, mainly for the fact that the whole steel chassis is pop riveted together with aircraft pop rivets, and done in a very proficient way,also the workmanship of the car, to the body on chassis stage, is excellent, and considering the cars age, has been done very well indeed, it is not hard to see that this car went through several hands in its construction, starting of extremely well.I believe at this point in time that Gordon Hook did have a hand in its build but for what ever reason denies this .I believe that he was given the job while he was working for the fibreglass company in Henderson, of putting the pieces of the body back together to make it a unit again .It is very easy to see where sections of the chop strand body has been glassed back together, using glass mat.I believe at that time he took a molding off the body, and at a later date set about making what he called his OWN car the AMERO I do point out that at this point I only assume my thoughts to be correct, and is only an assumption that I have at this time,and would stand corrected on any point Graham Name:  gordon hook.JPG
Views: 833
Size:  184.9 KB
    Last edited by markson; 05-07-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: sp edit

Name:  cowrolla 1.JPG
Views: 809
Size:  172.3 KB

This photo depict's the build of the Markson Graham
    Last edited by markson; 05-06-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: alter

Just as a matter of interest the chassis tub is very simular to the Toyota tray, with the body sitting on outrigger pods, with a front tubular chassis bolted to the fire wall Graham

Name:  chassis 4.JPG
Views: 820
Size:  21.0 KB A rough drawing of chassis Graham

Semi-Pro Racer
    Name:  gordon 5.JPG
Views: 781
Size:  153.8 KB

More from Graham (Markson). The mystery continues. We have since found out that the husbands of the first and last names on the ownership papers were John Frederick Reynolds an Engineer and Colin David Burrows a Spray Painter who may have also been involved with Power Strip Industies in the mid 1990s. Both were from Auckland but seem to have vanished. Markson would like any information you can pass on.
    Graeme

Name:  Alan Davison.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  17.4 KBName:  Markson Amero.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  56.7 KB
    Quite a coincidence that two cars can be built in two different countries in the 60's, and look almost identical Graham
    Last edited by markson; 05-07-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: edit

Hi Oldfart Yes the brakes were on separate circuits Front brakes having large booster Rear having small booster Graham

Lots of similarities and lots of subtle differences to my eye.
    Hinge front is differently cut, as are the door openings. The front edge of the Bolwell door slopes forward with a sharp bottom corner, yours runs back with a well rounded bottom corner, likewise the Bolwell rear bottom corner is sharp, yours rounded.
    The Bolwell quarter window bottom runs parallel to the body, yours cuts up at an angle.
    Door (B) pillars also run at different angles, Bolwell much more vertical.
    These, in my mind, point to it not having been taken from moulds off a Bolwell. Mr Hook, with the greatest of respect, was never one for having been totally up front about having taken moulds from other peoples products, and much time has gone by, even if he had any involvement.

Name:  MK6 Bolwell.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  54.4 KB This is how it will one day look again
    Graham

Name:  markson chassis inside.JPG
Views: 699
Size:  73.4 KBName:  bolwell inside chassis.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  24.7 KBAnother coincidental simulation Markson on top Bolwell at bottom ??? Graham
    Last edited by markson; 05-10-2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: edit

Semi-Pro Racer
    There would appear to be some differences there, but what must also be remembered, many cars would also be constructed in this manner
    Roger

Hi Roger
    Maybe I am way off track !!! Could it be a Ferrari ??? Graham

Hi BRY3500 Maybe you could forward the photo's of the 2 chassis that I have posted,to Johns Bolly Blog.and let him know that the chances of us having to walk Bare Arsed to Oodnadatta are getting slimmer by the day . Graham

Semi-Pro Racer
    Nah, no poor welding and yours is square tube,maybe Masser
    Roger

Semi-Pro Racer
    But rear quarter-light, look at a VW SP2s, I don't think any of these ever made it out here, but it looks similar, in fact the general shape of the car is similar!
    Roger

Name:  vw sp2s.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  7.2 KB NoT quite Racer Rog. Graham
    Last edited by markson; 05-11-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: edit

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Name:  vw sp2s.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  7.2 KB NoT quite Racer Rog. Graham
    Close
    Roger