Steve, I believe I have the answer. I found that Paul Dewar is quite a guy. He was captain of the New Zealand Fly Fishing team for the 2011/12 season. I did a search under Google and found the following.

Paul Dewar has spent most of his life in Levin where he was first introduced to trout fishing at 15 when he went fishing on the Manawatu River with friends of his father using a hand line, landing a lovely 5 pound brown setting the scene for the future.

Paul is a hydraulic engineer with his own company and is married to Janice and has two children. The only one that shows any interest in trout fishing is his daughter Wendy who sometimes accompanies dad on local expeditions. Paul is also Chairman of Fish & Game for the Wellington region.

Trout fishing took a back seat for a lot of years as Paul went motor racing, firstly doing motor cross and then track racing and rallying, Speedway was next, racing sprint cars and super modified where he climbed to the top of the sport winning the New Zealand title.

Most were astonished when he gave up the high speed rough and tumble of sprint cars to take up the genteel sport of fly-fishing. He joined the Manawatu Fresh Water Anglers club and spent his first few years fishing the Manawatu region with the occasional club trip away.