Thread: NZ Cars - A Cottage Industry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The green one had a very nice 1275cc but I doubt it was a spec that would have justified Lynn Rogers being involved. I must confess to liking all the different Cobras, for different reasons. My issue with the Wasp is that they were trying to include a detail they didn't have room for and it just looks too small and cramped. The initial styling was a great success in my opinion. There was a complete kit sold cheap 18 months ago, I wish I'd bought it!

Patrick. Here are some images of my Porsche Carrera 3.0 litre powered McRae 550 Spyder...

Name:  Spyder1.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  176.2 KB

Name:  Spyder2.jpg
Views: 2027
Size:  176.0 KB

Name:  550_1.jpg
Views: 2057
Size:  167.4 KB

And here are a few more taken during the Dunlop Targa. It was a bloody fast car!

Name:  550 .jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  168.1 KB

Name:  550 side.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  167.5 KB

Name:  Spyder3.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  151.8 KB

Patrick, my third NZ built car was the Almac Sabre S2. I'm sure you have plenty of images of these, but here are a few you may not have seen.

Cheers, John

Name:  Almac_Sabre_1.jpg
Views: 2090
Size:  170.3 KB

Name:  07_28.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  161.1 KB

Name:  07_9.jpg
Views: 1952
Size:  159.9 KB

And finally here are some more recent images of the Sabre...

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 2077
Size:  156.8 KB

Name:  22.jpg
Views: 1977
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  33.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  168.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wilkinson View Post
    The green one had a very nice 1275cc but I doubt it was a spec that would have justified Lynn Rogers being involved. I must confess to liking all the different Cobras, for different reasons. My issue with the Wasp is that they were trying to include a detail they didn't have room for and it just looks too small and cramped. The initial styling was a great success in my opinion. There was a complete kit sold cheap 18 months ago, I wish I'd bought it!
    Totally agree. cobra is fantastic BUT needs the size to pull it off. Use too much flares and nose on a tiny car like the Ibis and it just could not pull it off. We went through many nose designs and I recall many hours of sweat trying to come up with something that would take height of a mini motor without being too long in front overhang or having huge gaping nose. I put a cross bar through the grill and two tone paint on mine to brake up the mass of the nose opening.