Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ Cars - A Cottage Industry

It has been great catching up on the posts on this thread. Lately I have been pretty distracted with the book. Its official title is "New Zealand Manufactured Cars - A Cottage industry. Having seen the final pdf version I can say that it is contains over 300 pages of unique NZ cars on what I think is slightly less than A4 size paper. Thanks to all those that sent me pictures especially ones of the Everson Cherub as I was scraping the bottom of the barrel with those.

The publisher has also asked me to take preorders which are being sold for $45-00 in hard cover format. Expected delivery time is in September. Production this stage is a print run of 1000 or 2000 copies. Publisher yet to decide. If you want a copy let me know. I hope that I am not being too forward and asking this on this site.

Patrick
    Name:  Cover2 (429x500).jpg
Views: 2006
Size:  141.6 KB
    Last edited by Patrick.Harlow; 06-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Patrick, no disrespect and thank you for the work, it is long overdue, however we have had a number of release dates, and as a result I will not pre-order. Had this been closer to some of the previous times, no question. Congratulations for the work you have undertaken, and please accept that most of the comments have been well intentioned.

Hi Patrick. It looks like you can cross Oldfart of the list, but I am more than happy to pay up front.Would you PM me, payment details
    Maybe you could sign my copy and number it number 1.It could be worth a few bucks in a 100 years time (lol). Markson

No Worries. I well and truly know that you can never make everybody happy. Although in this instance I am pretty sure that Oldfart is not talking about my book but others that have made similar promises. I think that this is the first time I have given a publisher date on this forum so there have never been any changes. From about January last year if anybody had ever asked me for when I wanted to see it in print the aim has always been to have it on the bookshelves for Fathers Day 2013.

Orders will be taken but I will take no money until I have the books in my hands.

Post #85
    I am currently approaching publishers about printing the book with an aim to publish either for Fathers day 2012 or 2013 depending on printing issues.

Still no worries. I shall avoid making lots of promises in the future.

(Took me a while to figure out how to add the smiley face.)
    Last edited by Patrick.Harlow; 07-02-2013 at 06:57 AM.

That should have had a smiley. I still admire what you are doing.

Oldfart!

Knowing Patrick,and understanding the tremendous amount of time and effeat that he must have put into bringing this book to use, I for one don't care if it is Fathers day 2015, before it arrives,baring in mind that God said he would return, and we are all still waiting.
    I think I might have to go and see him instead.

Maybe you should write your own book.
    I am putting a book together myself based on one off cars built in NZ.
    Here is a photo of the type of the many one off's, that were built in NZ.

This one was built in South Africa
    I think they copyied the Trekka.

I have called it a MK1 NIECAONE PEDALLA???.Markson

Name:  Trekka copy.jpg
Views: 1909
Size:  50.3 KB
    Last edited by markson; 06-29-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: 102

Markson. I have written books

Oldfart
    Here's me thinking that you are quite knowledgeable,
    now I see that you get your info out of a book (lol)

My book will only feature cars that were one off built only
    Such as the Everson Eagle, and many other's that I can remember seeing over the last 60 odd years, and probably many more that I have never seen.
    I wonderer have many people can remember what color the Everson Eagle was, and what motor it had in it without reading about it, or asking someone who does.
    For all those who can???PM me. Markson

Name:  R%20Gray-%20Everson%20Eagle%202%20s.jpg
Views: 1883
Size:  117.1 KB
    Last edited by markson; 06-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Oldfart

Such as the Everson Eagle, and many other's that I can remember seeing over the last 60 odd years, and probably many more that I have never seen.
    I wonderer have many people can remember what color the Everson Eagle was, and what motor it had in it without reading about it, or asking someone who does.

Name:  R%20Gray-%20Everson%20Eagle%202%20s.jpg
Views: 1883
Size:  117.1 KB
    318 crysler from memory

[QUOTE=markson;30291]Oldfart

QUOTE]

The colour is hard for me to pick as I am blessed with colour blindness. However I pretty sure that it was the colour shown below. (Awesome picture recently acquired)

Unfortunately it will not be able to go in Marksons book either as a second car was started. However I am not sure how close it was to being finished before both cars were sold to raise some urgently needed cash. This removes it from the realms of a being one off. There should have been lots more but sadly it was not to be.

Name:  D Everson- Everson Eagle  (500x324).jpg
Views: 1924
Size:  156.1 KB
    Last edited by Patrick.Harlow; 07-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Hi Patrick
    My book will feature one off cars only ,regarless of how many were started, it will only feature cars that were built,
    completed,registered and driven on the road. Until a car is registered, legally it is only a pile of assemble motor parts. Markson

Hi Patrick
    My book will feature one off cars only ,regarless of how many were started, it will only feature cars that were built,
    completed,registered and driven on the road. Until a car is registered, legally it is only a pile of assemble motor parts. Markson
    so that means any and all kit cars will be in your book Markson? They are all as individuall as the owner

Hi Patrick
    The question will always remain. "But was the second Eagle finished?" The first Eagle is now being lovingly restored by its current owner and is currently an unregistered pile of parts. The length being taken to do it right will put this car in wining concurs condition when it is finished.

I cannot remember Everson starting another Eagle, as not long after he was starting the EMW's. I know only 1 EMW went onto the road at that time, but he was building three,I nearly traded a Falcon GT, at that time, for 1 of the 3 that he was building ??? Markson