Thread: NZ Cars - A Cottage Industry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Patrick, I am surprised you say the Anziel was not made here. It certainly was, and was tested by Motorman (my Mum ordered one) and one of them is still seen occasionally on the road up here, still run by the Gibbs family!
    likewise you mention Tiki and Falcon, but have omitted the far more prolific Buckler.

You are quite correct that the Anziel was tested here. It was a car brought over from overseas but as best as I am aware no car was actually produced here. The Buckler was a chassis which had a range of different bodies and I have included its story as a deJoux Buckler. Which raises the old question of, is a car a chassis or a body? Was the Trekka a Skoda or was it a Trekka etc? Is the Lynx a 7 type car or is it a Triumph Herald? But I am not going to head down that road of thorns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Patrick, I am surprised you say the Anziel was not made here. It certainly was, and was tested by Motorman (my Mum ordered one) and one of them is still seen occasionally on the road up here, still run by the Gibbs family!
    likewise you mention Tiki and Falcon, but have omitted the far more prolific Buckler.
    Last edited by Patrick.Harlow; 05-08-2012 at 07:11 PM.