Thread: NZ Cars - A Cottage Industry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for that. Another piece into the puzzel. Below is another of these as it is today.
    Name:  P Needham- deJoux GT s.jpg
Views: 2599
Size:  75.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    That's the one. It was owned by my brother back in the 60s. I recall that it had a Vauxhall engine, but the engine was running hot so my brother sold it. Great looking car and it you look at the panel work, there's no deflection, the sign of a master fibreglass craftsman.

I also recall that the seats were mounted on the floor so you sat with your legs pretty much straight out in front of you. It wasn't the most comfortable of cars.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick.Harlow View Post
    Thanks for that. Another piece into the puzzel. Below is another of these as it is today.
    Name:  P Needham- deJoux GT s.jpg
Views: 2599
Size:  75.3 KB
    ...I think I just Fell in Love!!!!!!!!!!!...No I'am sure I'am in love..just love the FC Holden head light surround/s,Patrick I'm another that will buy 'your' book,but only If you can tell me where in can get a body shell,...Shano, I totally agree with your comment ,body is 'Perfect',just love that 'up and over' on the front wheel arch,would like to see a 'rear shot' to see if they got that end as 'right' as the front is.......my only change would be the 'Bloody horrible 'slidding' sun roof......why do people buy an MGB/GT's and fit one of those atrocities,( go around a righthand cnr and your best girl gets a free shower while wearing her ''new' red dress,see how much fun that evening becomes,this 'IS' experience talking !!!),if you want a 'convertable,just buy an MGB!!!!!...........Patrick,thank you for opening this thread,never thought I would be 'lucky' enough to be in love in my 66th year, that lil Red car is Beautiful!!!!!.....I'm thinking 327 and muncie,Jag arse end, the 'chrome wires' can stay!!!....regards thunder427/Myles

As requested here a re pictures of the front and back of the deJoux GT. Ferris deJoux when I showed him this picture wanted to know who had butchered the back window. Originally it had a curved plastic rear screen. No idea what happened to the moulds though.

Name:  P Needham- Ferris never liked what had been done to the rear of this car.jpg
Views: 2272
Size:  46.1 KB
    Name:  R Gray .jpg
Views: 2242
Size:  91.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    ...I think I just Fell in Love!!!!!!!!!!!...No I'am sure I'am in love..just love the FC Holden head light surround/s,Patrick I'm another that will buy 'your' book,but only If you can tell me where in can get a body shell,...Shano, I totally agree with your comment ,body is 'Perfect',just love that 'up and over' on the front wheel arch,would like to see a 'rear shot' to see if they got that end as 'right' as the front is.......my only change would be the 'Bloody horrible 'slidding' sun roof......why do people buy an MGB/GT's and fit one of those atrocities,( go around a righthand cnr and your best girl gets a free shower while wearing her ''new' red dress,see how much fun that evening becomes,this 'IS' experience talking !!!),if you want a 'convertable,just buy an MGB!!!!!...........Patrick,thank you for opening this thread,never thought I would be 'lucky' enough to be in love in my 66th year, that lil Red car is Beautiful!!!!!.....I'm thinking 327 and muncie,Jag arse end, the 'chrome wires' can stay!!!....regards thunder427/Myles
    Last edited by Patrick.Harlow; 05-12-2012 at 02:13 AM.