Not sure about this Ross. Don't mean to be rude but the first buck and moulds were all done by me and Ian in his garage in Henderson with no help from anyone.
I did an awful lot of glass and bog work, made many moulds and we laid up the basic floorpan buck and took moulds.

Where abouts and at what stage were you involved?

Tim Monck-Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Hollings View Post
Interested to read about the Ibis and Wasp,I was asked to get involved with the project and helped built the original floor pan mould with Ian,[This through my being involved in the Fibreglass industry for 25 years ,Ultralite Aircraft Ltd,Bruce Stratton and Rob Trainer [based originally at Ardmore Aerodrome and the Papakura],took over the project and created the Wasp,now these guys in my opinion the BEST producers off fibreglass compoments in NZ,[this before carbon fibre etc].They were such perfectionists that they would not release the kit till everything was absolutely perfect.I took one of the car for a drive one time and it was fantastic,the finish excellent,it was very hard to see that the car was built iut off FRP as all compoments were router cut on the edges so had very sharp finishes.
The only other person I ever came across with similar skills is Ferris De Joux who I supplied a lot of raw materials for his various projects.Ferris could make a pattern quicker than anyone i had come across,but i give the quality award to the Ultralite boys.
Ferris was involved with a bus design project which was going to finish up in production in China,he needed to make seats for the bus ,so he used a section from a Brabham nose mould he had as the back portion of the seat,just the correct contour to,and very comfortable.Wish i had bought a Wasp now,it would be great fun,they had a photo on their wall of a Cobra and Wasp together,very very similar.
Ross