Hi Steve,
Yup the car that Drew has is the car that I worked on with Warren. Drew and I had a nice talk one day at a race that he sponsored at Phoenix International Raceway. It was an SCCA race and he also provided a great lunch to the drivers and crews at the event. Sit down and white table cloths and everything!
One way I know from seeing Drew's car is that I was the guy that cut out the panel that is under the passenger seat. And it is still the same. There were a lot of other things that I did on that car too. Such as cutting out all the door "guts" as well as crewing during the early career years of Warren's racing, mostly at Waterford Hills, Mid-Ohio, Blackhawk Farms, Road America and other tracks where the tow wasn't more than a day away. And the less than artistic number on the side of Drew's car, I did several of those at Warren's kitchen table...I am sure that what is on the car is not what I did....but the style is correct from the early days.

My car is a "tribute" car. Never ran any Trans-Am events and didn't start racing vintage until about ten years ago. It is painted similar to Warren's Red-White and Blue car but not exactly the same as my painter, a "stylin" Italian guy (Paul Rossi) thought the original livery, which was as close to Warren's as I could get, was too boring!

BTW, the Red-White and Blue car was Warren's Bud Moore car that Rich Rodeck found and he painted the car back to the original Bud Moore yellow. It was/is a pretty significant car. So nobody has the 70 model in a Red White and Blue livery. Warren's dad, Don, liked the idea and so here we are. Don used to show up in pretty fancy clothes when he showed up...fly in, fly out and we, as crew, never talked with him much! That may have changed as Warren worked his way up to more important races but back in my time we were pretty local. And young and having a great time!
Yup, Gus still has what I call the "big body" Mustang. It is Red-White and Blue. As was Warren's Pantera.
Later
Doug