Thread: Checking in from Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Steve,
    Cutting the seat frame support was to reduce the weight. Redistribution of weight was a big deal for us. We would cut, cut, cut. And then we would it put it back where we wanted it. Someday I will tell you about how we filled the rear bumper with lead. Funny story.
    Yes, Warren did do a few NASCAR events. This was after I left Michigan so I don't know anything about his NASCAR efforts firsthand.
    As far as starting a thread here. I am very sure that I am not the right guy to do that. I will contribute if something gets going but my involvement with Warren was early in his career and there are many who worked with him much more knowledgable than me. How early? Well, in 1967 I raced a VW at a gymkhana on a now defunct go-kart track in Traverse City, Michigan. He had a 67 Mustang. We were in different classes of course. I flipped onto the driver's door, a nice slow roll where i had time to, not only stick my left arm out the driver's window, but to pull it back in before "landing"!
    Doug

Heading out to Coronado for the Weekend

Back in Arizona after spending a lot of time in Michigan. Haven't accessed this site in months. Thought I would just ask if anyone reading this will be in Coronado ( San Diego CA) this weekend. If so, I would like to meet you and say hello. I will be with Jim Lange, a former racer and Shelby GT 350 owner. My cell is 602-741-8963.
    Doug