Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ford Sierra RS Cosworth/RS500

Here is a bit more info on DJR 1

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/s...s-shell-sierra

Although not long after this article was written DJR 1 had a little accident

Semi-Pro Racer
    [QUOTE=Haga;33640]Re: the Promo? car in Tassie Museum, here is a pic of it.

It seems to have "knockoff" wheels and a cage but the rest of car looks standard (standard Sierra bonnet, mirrors, wipers, no fuel dump fittings etc). My guess it is a promo car?

Maybe Ellis has some info as it is in his neck of the woods...

Talked to Museum today 24/9

Owned by Shell
    Std Sierra engine
    May have raced ....and not in Australia
    Used as Promo car by DJR

I'll ask JB when I see him next if he knows more

Eliis...great work....thanks for the effort.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Haga View Post
    Eliis...great work....thanks for the effort.
    [QUOTE=Haga;33640]Re: the Promo? car in Tassie Museum, here is a pic of it.

It seems to have "knockoff" wheels and a cage but the rest of car looks standard (standard Sierra bonnet, mirrors, wipers, no fuel dump fittings etc). My guess it is a promo car?

Maybe Ellis has some info as it is in his neck of the woods...

Talked to Museum today 24/9

Owned by Shell
    Std Sierra engine
    May have raced ....and not in Australia
    Used as Promo car by DJR

I'll ask JB when I see him next if he knows more

Just off phone to JB....25/9/13

Car has no race history whatsoever
    Built up as merchandising car only
    Exhaust tube roll caging...etc etc

Murray Carter's gorgeous black road registered (NSW Australia) Sierra. I offered to test it for him as his race car was lacking speed, but strangely he declined my offer

The first outing of Allan Moffat's brand new Rudi Eggenberger built Sierra RS500. Surprised everyone when he appeared, not many knew he had one!

I think by the time AM got his RS500,he had already sold his transporter?

Some of the time the RS500 was towed on a open trailer?

It arrived at Wanneroo Western Australia on a trailer, but I dont know if it crossed the Nullarbor like that or in a transporter, I can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by jimdigris View Post
    It arrived at Wanneroo Western Australia on a trailer, but I dont know if it crossed the Nullarbor like that or in a transporter, I can't remember
    I remember him at Amaroo (can't remember the date) he had it on a trailer behind a rental van.
    I believe they had an accident on the way back to Melbourne with the car and trailer rolling

Bathurst next weekend so I thought I would post a pic.

Car just back from signwriters...1992 Bathurst livery. Still a lot of work to do but at least it looks the part now.

Car just back from signwriters...1992 Bathurst livery. Still a lot of work to do but at least it looks the part now.

Stunning job, well done!!! What events is Brett going to run it in? Would be a great fit in the Historic Touring Car class, as they allow replicas, and that is certainly one of the better ones!

Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    Stunning job, well done!!! What events is Brett going to run it in? Would be a great fit in the Historic Touring Car class, as they allow replicas, and that is certainly one of the better ones!

Conrad
    Hi Conrad....it will be tidy, basically look like a car that has raced all its life but been maintained. Definitely nowhere near the standard of your masterpiece!!

In regards to what event Brett is running.......he is not interested in driving it!! Basically the deal is that he is building a new car and has no time with building that plus business and family commitments. So his words to me were "you build it, you drive it". So the car has been in my shed and I have been doing or organising all the work on it. He has the majority of the parts and I just go around to his workshop and grab the bits I require.

At the moment I am behind schedule as I hoped to have it running at the Whittakers Meeting @ Manfeild. Now hoping for early next year. Will need to do a few low key test days to sort it..and driver!!

Only plan to do a few meetings per year....Whittakers, Festival, maybe SI Cromwell Easter etc.....nothing serious....more about having a road trip and a few beers with the boys!!

Only plan to do a few meetings per year....Whittakers, Festival, maybe SI Cromwell Easter etc.....nothing serious....more about having a road trip and a few beers with the boys!!
    Sounds good, most of the guys racing in the Historic Touring Cars have that same attitude too I am only doing a few meetings a year in mine too, no point wearing it all out! I am going to do the Lady Wigram meeting in 4 weeks, then festival, then Skope Classic,(Ruapuna, Levels, Invercargill) then to OZ for Phillip Island Classic. PM me if you want to do any of these meetings, I can probably help to get a deal on shipping or free entries etc.

Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by jimdigris View Post
    The first outing of Allan Moffat's brand new Rudi Eggenberger built Sierra RS500. Surprised everyone when he appeared, not many knew he had one!

Wow, great photo Jim. I vaguely recall he qualified well first time out, but was very slow off the line.

That is cool!

Some great pics, I'm loving this thread.
    Does anyone know what happened to Murray Carters road car, is it still in the country??

& this looks amazing, it would be great to see on the track

Here are a couple of pics from a track day I went to the other weekend, its a replica but it is a genuine RS500 & looks the part.

Great thread about a great car!

Does anyone have any interviews or quotes from the drivers describing what they were like to drive? I think I remember the Rat saying it was the hardest car he has ever driven but cant find anything to back that up.

Cheers
    Mark

There's no doubt they required a delicate right foot. I remember watching Wayne Park (a very experienced driver in a variety of vehicles) at the Dandenong Rd Corner (Sandown) in the 2nd Peter Jackson Sierra. He couldn't help spinning the rears up big time, much more so than the faster Sierras in front of him.

Here's a recent contribution from Unique Cars magazine on the DJ/JB Sierra combo.

http://www.uniquecarsmag.com.au/news...eid/86029.aspx

There is an link to a video in the article which is also worth watching.

Andrew Bagnall and Graeme Crosby 1989 RS500 Group A car with Gullivers Travel / TV3 / Wynns sponsorship built by Ross Stone at Meidecke Motorsport found . I have this car in Aust , it was sold as a shell with parts by Meidecke and converted to a PRC rally car. It is being returned to gp A spec. Do you have any of its history ? Ronal wheels required . Neville 0412676734
    Last edited by 501racer; 08-30-2014 at 05:03 AM.