Thread: Mairehau 1950's footage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David McKinney View Post
    Ron Roycroft and Jack Tutton raced XK120s in the 1951 Mairehau race, and Hec McLean a Coooper 500
    Yes I accept that you are right, but there seem to be more than 2 120s and more than 1 500 in the bit I watched,

Semi-Pro Racer
    ........Showed a friend of mine the Mairehau Footage,He's a OHS official,here in Melbourne, was totally gobbsmacked when he saw the photographer standing on the small ladder at the edge of the track where the cars came onto the main straight,he wants to interview the photographer at his home where he will personally confiscate the ladder,with respect, this at considerable cost to himself in airfares/lodgings/exspences,he has demanded that I assist him in collecting all copies of the Mairehau race footage for confiscation,so I'm asking forum members to assist with names and address's, I understand we should not let young people be influenced by such foolishness,it is as responsible forum members to set a good example to the younger racer,you only have to read the thread,'the state of New Zealand motorsport' to realise that we have a masive job in front of us...yes!! I'm usually light hearted about life in general, so if you take this seriously,then Motorsport is domed!!!!!!.........I think it was Sir Stirling Moss that said " Laugh !!!and the world will laugh with you"!!!!.................its late I should be in Bed,but Dam I enjoyed another wander through those old Frames.....regards thunder427/MJ.........................

World Champion
    ..and checking the sound again , I just realized the McMillan - Ford dropped 6 cylinders somewhere..oops