Joined today, after I found a reference to one of our cars, although I've been lurking and reading for a couple of months.

My name is Jo Clegg and I'm a technical block-head when it comes to most things to do with cars, although I follow simple instructions quite well, and can fix most things with a bit of help.

Currently in terms of competition cars we have a BMW 2002i Alpina and a TR8 (or TR7 V8, no-one will settle the argument for me), and after 15 years of tarmac rallying, and circuit racing, and motorbikes are settling back into our middle years and just circuit racing these days.

I was racing a BMW 2002 a few years back, but having a baby put a kink in the plan and I gave up rally co-driving at 4 months along, and started back when he was a few months old. There wasn't enough time/money for both parents to race/work/build-new-house until recently so the Icebreaker will be my first outing for a few years in my ex-Grant Hannah TR8, which I've just put a new cage into and done other minor mods on.

I like the history of motorsport in New Zealand, but am most interested in Classics rather than the older cars or the newer ones. And there might be a little bit of BMW fanaticism...

I help out on a couple of motorsport committees and the Festivals, Club committees present and past, and can be found sitting in the Safety Car at HD or Puke from time to time.