Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

HISTORIC MUSCLE CARS at the Speedshow this weekend.

For those that will be at the Speedshow this weekend I have Paul Fahey, Dennis Marwood along for Saturday only, have plenty of give away posters that they'll sign so make sure you're in!! HMC is in building 2, spaces 52 and 52A on the HRC stand which is a premium spot.

Steve has also organised a draw to win a large poster so make sure you put your name in.

It'll be a hoot, see you all there

Dale M

Heres some pics from the Speedshow today thanks to HMC photographer Phil Noble, having Paul Fahey and Dennis Marwood along was a treat!! our stand was very cool thanks to the hard work of Camaro racer Steve Elliott, part of the Hampton and HRC display, huge amount of interest and meet quite a few new faces and people that are building cars for HMC. Make sure get along tomorrow if youre in the Auckland area.

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Without a doubt, to two coolest cars at the show. Good work guys, and a treat to talk to the legends at are Mr Fahey and Mr Marwood.

Speedshow Wigram Poster Quiz: We had 212 entries and 57 were correct: The Wigram Poster winner is Alan Power, who also wins a hot lap prize in the PDL tribute Mustang, as does Philip Cheer, and the two hot lap winners in my #41 Camaro are Denise Mossman and Peter Sowerby. Thanks to everyone for taking part, and to Terry Marshall for allowing us to use one of his Wigram photos.

Denise should peddle your Camaro very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Denise should peddle your Camaro very well.
    Very funny Rod, is Denise Ralphs wife?

Yep, and he has his (old) car ready for a run as well, so he can pace her.

Heres a couple more from the weekend, pics courtesy of HMC photographer Phil Noble

Dale M

Two old buggers! I know they can tell a few stories. I had the pleasure of many great battles with Dennis, however never raced my god father, Paul.
    Both of them, very hard chargers!

Those Speedshow pics are awesome! Great work you guys.

Heres a quiz for you guys, I just refitted this rear spoiler onto this vehicle that never came with one factory, which vehicle was it and why? and why is this car allowed to race with this spoiler in HMC but no other car can that is the same make and model

Dale M

well its 35, (mustang royalty) and ran with it in the day (possibly)

Red Dawson fitted it for the 69-70 season, so it can run.
    If Dexter Dunlop ran one on his same model Mustang,then that car also can.
    My Monaro ran a non genuine spoiler then , so I am allowed to also run it.
    No other Monaro can for that same reason.

What`s it made of Dale, is it alloy?

Made it too easy for you guys but yes it is number 35 and for sure its defiantly mustang royalty! Any "original" big bore saloon with NZ race history can race in HMC with its period modifications(even if not factory correct) but must be from the FIA group 2/5 era(1967 to 73/4) and not the sports sedan era(1974 onwards) its what we call a historic Schedule K saloon, and correct John only THE original car can be like this.

Im refitting the front and rear spoilers as per the Dawson days, amazingly the original holes where showing on the underside of the boot lid, just drilled them out!! All 69/73 Mustang rear spoilers were fiberglass with a genital curve to fit the shape for the 69/70 Mustang fastback bootlid, XW/Y Falcons were constructed of aluminum and were dead flat. 71/3 Mustangs the rear spoiler was the same except the mounting pedestals were out wider and the legs shorter, these spoilers were only fitted to fastbacks, nothing else.

Thats a good looking car GD66

Dale M

I have a pic of it racing with my Monaro in 1970 , it shows the rear view- there was no opening for the petrol filler in the boot lid under the spoiler like now.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I have a pic of it racing with my Monaro in 1970 , it shows the rear view- there was no opening for the petrol filler in the boot lid
    Because this is a factory Shelby Trans Am car(number 26 or 27 ever made) it would have come with it John and a 33 gallon gas tank(stock is 16, they welded two bottom half's together) for long distance USA races which was its first event at Riverside before been shipped to NZ(a 3 hour race i believe, Nigel has the plaque)! i'd say(but i'd have to check) but i'd bet the stock gas tank and filler was fitted for NZ saloon events prior to coming in. Somewhere along the way(it may have been when John Chapman owned it) it was repaint in its original off white colour(how it first raced in NZ) and this tank and filler system refitted to correct specs.

Post that picture up John

Dale M

Dexter Dunlop bought in a genuine one also and its filler was between the rear window and boot lid, so was there variation in this location?
    Update- when it entered NZ Dexter ran it in boot lid- different filler system, I took a b/w pic at Puke and will post it.
    When I ran against it in early 90s the filler had been shifted .
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 07-24-2014 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Made it too easy for you guys but yes it is number 35 and for sure its defiantly mustang royalty! Any "original" big bore saloon with NZ race history can race in HMC with its period modifications(even if not factory correct) but must be from the FIA group 2/5 era(1967 to 73/4) and not the sports sedan era(1974 onwards) its what we call a historic Schedule K saloon, and correct John only THE original car can be like this.

Im refitting the front and rear spoilers as per the Dawson days, amazingly the original holes where showing on the underside of the boot lid, just drilled them out!! All 69/73 Mustang rear spoilers were fiberglass with a genital curve to fit the shape for the 69/70 Mustang fastback bootlid, XW/Y Falcons were constructed of aluminum and were dead flat. 71/3 Mustangs the rear spoiler was the same except the mounting pedestals were out wider and the legs shorter, these spoilers were only fitted to fastbacks, nothing else.

Thats a good looking car GD66

Dale M

Im assuming you were meaning to say "gentle curve"