Here is David Grahams updated auditors report. Dale M

NZ Historic Muscle Cars October 2014

COD Auditors Report

Hi Team, this is the first report for HMC on the activities of your auditors who inconvenience you by requesting information and inspecting your vehicle for compliance with HMC rules and regulations, otherwise known as the COD police!!!!!LOL

A little indulgence if I may. By pure chance I became involved with HMC through a comment on The Roaring Season. Steve Elliott mentioned a chaps name in one of his posts on TRS, the name was familiar so I contacted Steve to confirm it was the same person. Sure enough it was. Steve invited me up to HD to have a look at the HMC cars
running in the Icebreaker meeting 2012 and I got hooked. From then on it was HMC morning, noon and night! I wanted to become more involved with HMC, rather than just watching the races, as these were cars I grew up with back in my single days and as a flaggie at Pukekohe, so put my name forward when Dale was looking for an auditor. As they say the rest is history. I am passionate about these cars and their history, so much so my wife thinks there is another women, one is enough!!!! But all good.

I have now attained my MSNZ COD Licence and am looking to become a certified MSNZ Technical Officer and am pleased to have the guidance of Keith Hargraves - MSNZ Technical Officer - to point out things and continue my learning experience.

Anyway down to business.
We commenced auditing at the 2013 Legends meeting and to date have completed audits on seven cars. I think guys were initially a bit suspicious of our presence but soon warmed to the idea that our aim is to ensure all the cars are period correct and HMC compliant. This is not an onerous job, but a necessary and pleasurable one for me. If I/we are unsure of any particular point we will refer it to the Directors for clarification.

Once we have completed all the initial audits, it will be a case of random audits from time to time. So don't be surprised if we drop by and ask you to jack up your car, remove the wheels on one side so we can do an audit. For those building cars currently, please ensure you get your COD to MSNZ as soon as you can. In other words don't let this be the last thing you get organised. This helps speed up the auditing process at our end. And please, check that your returned COD's have the red MSNZ stamp on each page, if not, return it to MSNZ for rectification. Your COD is NOT VALID if it doesn't have the red stamp on each page. I have had to send a number of COD's back to MSNZ, with an appropriate speedball, to have these rectified because of non compliance by MSNZ.

I am currently compiling a digital register of current COD's along with photos etc which will be put on DISC or USB so that we have a permanent record on the history of each HMC car. Computer files and DISC/USB will be kept in different locations to ensure security in the event of any Act of God etc.
Eventually I will get photos of each car (front and drivers side) with owner/driver, placed on this file. Would like to try and do that at the Festival 2015.

Once you have received your RED stamped and approved COD back from MSNZ, please forward a colour copy to me for inclusion in our register, via email, david@fleetcaregroup.co.nz or the original via courier to me C/- Fleetcare Group Ltd, 16 Grasslands Place, Frankton, Hamilton. Your hard copy will be scanned and couriered back to you the same day I receive it - guaranteed.

If you have any queries just call or email, if I cant answer the specific question/s I will tell you, but will speak to someone who can and get back to you. I don't know everything - yet!!
Well, that's about it for now, see you at the Festival if not before.
Contact details below:-

Work email: david@fleetcaregroup.co.nz
Home email: drmgraham@xtra.co.nz
Work Ph: 07 847 4159
Home Ph: 07 560 2773

Best regards
Dave Graham
MSNZ COD Auditor
Licence # 23013
NZ Historic Muscle Cars