Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
Thanks for the info Steve but that's a bit of a bugger as I always look at the New Zealand and Australian racing history first before proceeding and thought the Gardner Camaro was wedged been an old Ex-US Trans Am car, we know the Moffat 69 Mustang(which raced here) had the wedge nose hence why I done this to my 69 Mustang, its period correct and totally accurate for our New Zealand racing history but will now have to re-evaluate the Camaro wedge. My Camaro is a 68 and not a 67 so if Penske done this to 68 and 69's it could make it possible but not with NZ History, would make it close call and would still luv to do it but need to think on that one.........……..anyway, all interesting info.
There was a Camaro that raced in NZ with a wedged nose. When John Osborne raced the ex Spinner Black car, the nose had been wedged. I don't know who did it. John expressed his disappointment that when the car was restored, the front panels were restored to standard. I must admit the front grill area looked much better in John's hands than it does today.