Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Serious question here - how do you do a wheel alignment dummy up ( what is a dummy up anyway?? ) with no engine and gearbox? It will sit differently with all that extra weight not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Metford View Post
    Serious question here - how do you do a wheel alignment dummy up ( what is a dummy up anyway?? ) with no engine and gearbox? It will sit differently with all that extra weight not there.
    Easy Andrew, remove the front springs and chock the suspension arms so the car sits at ride height, to obtain the correct suspension arm angles and roll center to roll axis diamentions the inner lower pivot bolt has to be a certain measurement from its center to the ground level, all a no-brainer and once done I take it to my wheel alignment shop to set the camber, caster and toe set(dummied up), all this will be redone once the car is final finished and assembled.

I build every car this way because once its painted and assembled, etc you don't want to go chopping, drilling and grinding to obtain these critical measurements, remember its about that making the car handle best working within the factory componentry and parts. Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 10-30-2018 at 06:34 AM.